Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    TvilleDawgTvilleDawg Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@superblackeagle said:
    So where is our confidence with Elam?

You tell us? less than a week ago we had no shot...

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/205572#Comment_205572

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    edited January 2019

@christopherules said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

Well let’s hope you are laughing pretty good in a couple weeks

• Options
    Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is our chances with Cross?

• Options

@Gwinnett_Dawg said:

@superblackeagle Care to take a stab at this one ?

• Options
    superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Gwinnett_Dawg said:

P(of landing cross) = .67

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superblackeagle said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Gwinnett_Dawg said:

P(of landing cross) = .67

@superblackeagle That’s pretty good odds. If I understand correctly then, that’s roughly 2 out of 3, 2/3 chance of getting him? That only gives him a 1 in 3 chance of going somewhere else. I like that! Getting Elam AND Cross BOTH??? Holy smoke!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cross is a very good possibility for us now.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reminder - we need offensive players

• Options
    edited January 2019

2019 WR

I am thinking we will take Elam or Cross plus 2 WR. 8 is not enough to cover injuries so I expect Webb to switch back

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawg Post says Pickens did OV this weekend, but they think he will stick with the Barn

• Options

(Potential plan B at WR, in case Pickens doesn’t workout ? UGA was in on early, when this kid was labeled as an ATH, with some seeing him as a safety. Could be considered as Tongue-Light type player)

https://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-Mingo-46047181/

“Florida State is still kind of in it, but it’s basically down to Ole Miss, Georgia and Mississippi State,”

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    (Potential plan B at WR, in case Pickens doesn’t workout ? UGA was in on early, when this kid was labeled as an ATH, with some seeing him as a safety. Could be considered as Tongue-Light type player)

“Florida State is still kind of in it, but it’s basically down to Ole Miss, Georgia and Mississippi State,”

If Pickens doesn’t work out (hearing Sat is cut off day on moving forward), I hope staff just takes a grad transfer for a one year rental. Mingo is an OK player, not a burner, don’t see the huge upside. Personally feel like he’s a lesser version of Ridley. Strong hands, capable route runner, but will just be a guy on depth chart. We do need a WR based on bodies, particularly at Z position.

If staff feels good about getting 3 next class, I’d lean to one year rental.

How do you feel about the chances of him picking us coming out of the visit?

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

If Pickens doesn’t work out (hearing Sat is cut off day on moving forward), I hope staff just takes a grad transfer for a one year rental. Mingo is an OK player, not a burner, don’t see the huge upside. Personally feel like he’s a lesser version of Ridley. Strong hands, capable route runner, but will just be a guy on depth chart. We do need a WR based on bodies, particularly at Z position.

If staff feels good about getting 3 next class, I’d lean to one year rental.

IMO we need 3 per year. A one year rental would mean next year we would lose 2 Seniors and potentially Robertson and Holloman leaving just 5 WR. My thought is that 10 is a minimum with 1 senior and 3 per class (assumes a championship team likely loses 2 to draft). Opting for a rental will potentially give us 1 senior, 3 juniors,and 1 sophmore in 2020 then just 1 senior and 1 junior in 2021. I favor going for 2 more WR in this class plus Elam/Cross.

This discussion has been closed.