Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@JeffSentell said:
    Criswell folks. That thing has had some legs to it.

Lots of things to like about that young gun.

Thanks Jeff- regarding QBs, some chatter on concerns about Ashford's productivity. Where do things stand now with Ashford and UGA?

Got an Ashford story coming up soon. Maybe as early as this weekend.

But there is another QB to probably blog about first here. Or maybe one that is just as interesting.

Sims or Criswell ?

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@JeffSentell said:
    Criswell folks. That thing has had some legs to it.

Lots of things to like about that young gun.

Thanks Jeff- regarding QBs, some chatter on concerns about Ashford's productivity. Where do things stand now with Ashford and UGA?

Got an Ashford story coming up soon. Maybe as early as this weekend.

But there is another QB to probably blog about first here. Or maybe one that is just as interesting.

Please do a piece on 2020 QB Ken Seals from Texas. He camped at UGA last summer and enjoyed himself. Kid balled out at an underclassmen all star game in December. Not sure how hard the staff is pushing

• Options

Todd Hartley checked out this young buck today. His stock is soaring: https://247sports.com/player/cane-berrong-46076785/

• Options
    edited January 2019

Kirby saw this dude today. He's a beast! 2020 has some certified beasts in the trenches but 2021 has some Mount Kilimanjaros: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/amarius-mims-234618

• Options
  • Options

Javonne Shepherd is on campus for an official. Don't think we have much of a chance but you never know. Show him a good time, get him talking about the atmosphere at UGA & the good hospitality he received and even if he goes elsewhere, it piques interest of kids in the football gold mine of America: Houston, Texas.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's the story on that one? Sounds like the ideal red zone guy. 21 catches and 6 were TD's

• Options
    bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

Speaking as an official Swamp Lizard, many of us actually owe you guys a "thank you" card. Warren isn't a bad coach by any means, but quite a few of us (including myself) were unhappy with the techniques he was teaching. Y'all taking him off our hands allowed us to land Torrian Gray, one of the best DB Coaches in the business. Should be interesting to see what happens with Elam. Seems like both our fanbases feel good about him.

Wasn’t he also ranked as y’all best recruiter? Is it normally common practice to be happy when the best coach and recruiter on the staff bails, especially considering how it went down? Asking for a friend...

I’d agree Gray is a good hire. Should elevate y’all somewhat...isn’t Grantham on year two of DC, though? I’d encourage you to fact check his year two stats at his programs.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg I would laugh and laugh and laugh if we actually GET Elam!!! He’d be like about as big of a COUP as was getting the Swamp-lizards DB Coach was!!! PS - I’m not “expecting anything”... but getting that kid could be really great!! GO DAWGS!!!

Speaking as an official Swamp Lizard, many of us actually owe you guys a "thank you" card. Warren isn't a bad coach by any means, but quite a few of us (including myself) were unhappy with the techniques he was teaching. Y'all taking him off our hands allowed us to land Torrian Gray, one of the best DB Coaches in the business. Should be interesting to see what happens with Elam. Seems like both our fanbases feel good about him.

Wasn’t he also ranked as y’all best recruiter? Is it normally common practice to be happy when the best coach and recruiter on the staff bails, especially considering how it went down? Asking for a friend...

I’d agree Gray is a good hire. Should elevate y’all somewhat...isn’t Grantham on year two of DC, though? I’d encourage you to fact check his year two stats at his programs.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Swamp_Lizard said:

@christopherules said:

He wasn’t close to being Florida’s best recruiter. On his side of the ball Robinson is best recruiter.

• Options

@Acrum21 said:

What's the story on that one? Sounds like the ideal red zone guy. 21 catches and 6 were TD's

He’s got a serious case of Butterfingers

• Options

Georgia has its eyes set on a big defensive line class in 2020, and Rivals250 defensive end Jacolbe Cowan has the Bulldogs squarely in the mix.

Georgia defensive line coach Tray Scott is the lead recruiter for the No. 120-nationally-ranked prospect.

“It's really just the coaching staff. I've known Tray Scott since he was at North Carolina," Cowan said. "It's really with just him going there, and I like the school at Georgia. Every time I have been down there, it's felt like home. Probably like three times.”

The four-star prospect went into more detail on Georgia as a whole.

“I love the atmosphere. I like the players as well. I talk to them all the time, because I'm cool with a couple of them," Cowan said. "Really just the atmosphere and the family side, the welcoming type of thing they bring.”

Alabama is another school high on Cowan's list.

"I'm really looking forward to getting over there. I haven't visited yet, but I've been talking with the coaches a lot. So I'm looking forward to it.”

Cowan holds over thirty offers, but he has formed the best relationships with a couple of coaches during that time.

“It's probably between Tray Scott and Larry Johnson at Ohio State,” Cowan said.

Cowan doesn't have any visit plans set up for the spring, and has no decision time-frame in mind just yet.

“As far as right now, I'm looking at the best time for me," Cowan said regarding a decision. "There's not really a set time or set time of the year. It's really whenever the best time is for me.”

Georgia's recent hire of Charlton Warren at the defensive backs spot is already striking a chord with Rivals100 junior cornerback Henry Gray, especially with an offer now in hand.

“I talked to Coach Warren yesterday, and he just got that job after being at Florida. He’d come by my school when he was still at Florida," Gray said. "When he was talking to me, I felt like he could really make me the player I want to be. I was going to try to go up and see Florida on February 2, but since he left, I don’t know. He was the one who told me I had the Georgia offer yesterday.”

For the nation's No. 72 overall player in the Class of 2020, it's Warren's approach that stands out.

“He coaches with a lot of swag, and all the DBs at Florida all have the swag," Gray said. "There are lot of guys at Georgia now who came from Miami, so he’s carrying that on up there. I’m familiar with a lot of them, like Tyson Campbell, Tyrique Stevenson, and Divaad Wilson. They all came from down here.”

One of those familiar faces has already been lobbying for the Bulldogs.

“I just talked to Tyrique," Gray said. "He was just talking to me about the school and how cool it’d be for us to play together.”

Will the two be linking up in Athens soon?

“Definitely. I want to try to get up there as soon as possible," Gray said. "With all-star games coming and me trying not to taking visits during the season, I definitely want to get up there. I know the coaches and players have a winning mentality. They are really dogs out there, literally. They go head-to-head with Nick Saban every year, and they really put up a fight. I think if I were to get there, I really believe I could be the extra piece that would, hopefully, help them win.”

For Gray, the opportunity also came at just the right time.

“That was one I was waiting on," he said. "I was really excited. I know the players and coaching staff, so it’d really be cool there.”

• Options
    Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    » show previous quotes

He wasn’t close to being Florida’s best recruiter. On his side of the ball Robinson is best recruiter.

You are forgetting the Grantham factor wearing down assistant coaches to the point they look elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.