Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who are your favorite Down Voters?

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would be willing to bet a lot of the single DV's people receive are by mistake, while using a touchscreen cell phone. Some of the comments that receive a DV are hard to figure, but there are a few posters who just like to hand out DVs. @judasdurant has downvoted me 17 times, which I think probably has to do with age more than anything. I've read @georgiaboy likes to give out DVs, and apparently there is some truth to the rumor. He has downvoted me 19 times. 4th most on the forum.

Next on the list is @FirePlugDawg . Dude also has a heavy DV finger. 22 times, although I will add he will also give out the UVs. That's good for 3rd most against me, ranking only behind the loudest breather on the forum, @BigDawgEatin with 24 DVs, and the Prince of Personality - @WCDawg , who has now DV'd me the most times at 33, as of this posting, and likely soon to grow. I guess I disagree with him a lot.

Honorable mention: @umooner with 8 DVs, @BoroDawg with 9 DVs, @Pigeons with 6, @levander with 6, @MeR3htid with 5, @YaleDawg with 5, and coach @nycdawg with 5.

Even @Kasey downvoted me once. He's hard to upset so I must've really dropped a doosie.

As for what type of post will get DV'd to oblivion: Going against liberals in a political discussion will get you more DVs than almost anything. Saying something unpopular about a player, such as saying you don't respect a decision to sit out a bowl, will also bring the DVs in bulk. I've found not going with the PC crowd, such as when Urban Meyer was suspended, will also get the DVers out in force.

I try not to DV people. I think it is rude, and I frequently payback the persistent DVers with more DVs than they have given me, so check your DV counts. I'm watching you, FPD. :smiley:

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Good post BW. @FirePlugDawg is the only person who has given me multiple DV's, but he also hands out UV's and often makes good comments. For every jerk on the board there are at least a dozen good guys. As the saying goes, "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I admit my immaturity for DVing your post, but I also think it’s a great way to express how little any of us should care about downvotes. 0% F’s given about them here.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

I would be willing to bet a lot of the single DV's people receive are by mistake, while using a touchscreen cell phone. Some of the comments that receive a DV are hard to figure, but there are a few posters who just like to hand out DVs. @judasdurant has downvoted me 17 times, which I think probably has to do with age more than anything. I've read @georgiaboy likes to give out DVs, and apparently there is some truth to the rumor. He has downvoted me 19 times. 4th most on the forum.

Next on the list is @FirePlugDawg . Dude also has a heavy DV finger. 22 times, although I will add he will also give out the UVs. That's good for 3rd most against me, ranking only behind the loudest breather on the forum, @BigDawgEatin with 24 DVs, and the Prince of Personality - @WCDawg , who has now DV'd me the most times at 33, as of this posting, and likely soon to grow. I guess I disagree with him a lot.

Honorable mention: @umooner with 8 DVs, @BoroDawg with 9 DVs, @Pigeons with 6, @levander with 6, @MeR3htid with 5, @YaleDawg with 5, and coach @nycdawg with 5.

Even @Kasey downvoted me once. He's hard to upset so I must've really dropped a doosie.

As for what type of post will get DV'd to oblivion: Going against liberals in a political discussion will get you more DVs than almost anything. Saying something unpopular about a player, such as saying you don't respect a decision to sit out a bowl, will also bring the DVs in bulk. I've found not going with the PC crowd, such as when Urban Meyer was suspended, will also get the DVers out in force.

I try not to DV people. I think it is rude, and I frequently payback the persistent DVers with more DVs than they have given me, so check your DV counts. I'm watching you, FPD. :smiley:

MML

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@ghostofuga1 That is just HILARIOUS!!!

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’re mighty sensitive, aren’t you? If you say **** stuff, I’m going to DV you. I believe that I’ve upvoted a lot of your posts as well, but you would rather **** and moan.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:
    You’re mighty sensitive, aren’t you? If you say **** stuff, I’m going to DV you. I believe that I’ve upvoted a lot of your posts as well, but you would rather **** and moan.

Quite the opposite. Im having fun with it.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    When does spring football begin?

Not soon enough

@Kasey said:

I kid. I kid. (Let me know when you see this and I’ll remove my DV).

@Kasey said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Kasey said:

I kid. I kid. (Let me know when you see this and I’ll remove my DV).

Run away or I shall downvote you a second time-ah.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the spirit of things (and I explained by DV/UV view many months ago, as if that matters)