Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who are your favorite Down Voters?

Comments

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Oh Lord, please don't let be misunderstood.' When I first posted, I got DVed because someone infamous thought I was posting anti-CMR material when I considered myself more pro CMR than most. Since then most of my DVs came when I was joking and people thought me serious. I guess it must be me because that was not from just one person. As far as what I think deserves DVs would be posts harmful to UGA. Those most often would be attacking players. Something annoying is when posters go on and on in a plissing match, defending themselves, clarifying, etc. The good posts are informative or funny.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Ain’t lost sleep over it by the down votes that have come my way. Have at it boss is what I say

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I rack up DVs like Russell Westbrook racks up triple doubles.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😛

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Upvote or down vote me I could give a rat's a s s, not here to please any of you a s s clowns anyhow :D>:)

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:
    I would be willing to bet a lot of the single DV's people receive are by mistake, while using a touchscreen cell phone. Some of the comments that receive a DV are hard to figure, but there are a few posters who just like to hand out DVs. @judasdurant has downvoted me 17 times, which I think probably has to do with age more than anything. I've read @georgiaboy likes to give out DVs, and apparently there is some truth to the rumor. He has downvoted me 19 times. 4th most on the forum.

Next on the list is @FirePlugDawg . Dude also has a heavy DV finger. 22 times, although I will add he will also give out the UVs. That's good for 3rd most against me, ranking only behind the loudest breather on the forum, @BigDawgEatin with 24 DVs, and the Prince of Personality - @WCDawg , who has now DV'd me the most times at 33, as of this posting, and likely soon to grow. I guess I disagree with him a lot.

Honorable mention: @umooner with 8 DVs, @BoroDawg with 9 DVs, @Pigeons with 6, @levander with 6, @MeR3htid with 5, @YaleDawg with 5, and coach @nycdawg with 5.

Even @Kasey downvoted me once. He's hard to upset so I must've really dropped a doosie.

As for what type of post will get DV'd to oblivion: Going against liberals in a political discussion will get you more DVs than almost anything. Saying something unpopular about a player, such as saying you don't respect a decision to sit out a bowl, will also bring the DVs in bulk. I've found not going with the PC crowd, such as when Urban Meyer was suspended, will also get the DVers out in force.

I try not to DV people. I think it is rude, and I frequently payback the persistent DVers with more DVs than they have given me, so check your DV counts. I'm watching you, FPD. :smiley:

Here, have a 10th. It’s a nice number, and now I’ll be in double digits.

8 + 1 = double digits(10)???

The main point was to have a little fun discussing the type of person who DVs. It’s a message board. I doubt anyone really cares and my sarcasm font is always on, but here’s a little “straight line math” (Is that what WC called it earlier?). .

I dont know much about Georgia Boy because he doesnt really post a lot, and I’ll call FirePlug and Yale statistical outliers. The others - Well, WC and BigDawgEatin are self explanatory. It is also well known that Levander struggles with basic logic and reasoning. Just read his stuff and you’ll see what I mean. Judas is like 20 years old. A true millennial. All of the above are in a grouping that includes the ultimate knuckle dragger - coach @nycdawg. From this sample size we can determine there exists a relationship between down voting and excessive cussing. People who cuss a lot are known to have lower IQs and small vocabularies. 8 + 1 = 10??? You support the thesis. :smile::smiley::wink::blush::neutral:

-The Village Idiot.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Bankwalker said:

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:
    I would be willing to bet a lot of the single DV's people receive are by mistake, while using a touchscreen cell phone. Some of the comments that receive a DV are hard to figure, but there are a few posters who just like to hand out DVs. @judasdurant has downvoted me 17 times, which I think probably has to do with age more than anything. I've read @georgiaboy likes to give out DVs, and apparently there is some truth to the rumor. He has downvoted me 19 times. 4th most on the forum.

Next on the list is @FirePlugDawg . Dude also has a heavy DV finger. 22 times, although I will add he will also give out the UVs. That's good for 3rd most against me, ranking only behind the loudest breather on the forum, @BigDawgEatin with 24 DVs, and the Prince of Personality - @WCDawg , who has now DV'd me the most times at 33, as of this posting, and likely soon to grow. I guess I disagree with him a lot.

Honorable mention: @umooner with 8 DVs, @BoroDawg with 9 DVs, @Pigeons with 6, @levander with 6, @MeR3htid with 5, @YaleDawg with 5, and coach @nycdawg with 5.

Even @Kasey downvoted me once. He's hard to upset so I must've really dropped a doosie.

As for what type of post will get DV'd to oblivion: Going against liberals in a political discussion will get you more DVs than almost anything. Saying something unpopular about a player, such as saying you don't respect a decision to sit out a bowl, will also bring the DVs in bulk. I've found not going with the PC crowd, such as when Urban Meyer was suspended, will also get the DVers out in force.

I try not to DV people. I think it is rude, and I frequently payback the persistent DVers with more DVs than they have given me, so check your DV counts. I'm watching you, FPD. :smiley:

The main point was to have a little fun discussing the type of person who DVs. It’s a message board. I doubt anyone really cares and my sarcasm font is always on, but here’s a little “straight line math” (Is that what WC called it earlier?). .

I dont know much about Georgia Boy because he doesnt really post a lot, and I’ll call FirePlug and Yale statistical outliers. The others - Well, WC and BigDawgEatin are self explanatory. It is also well known that Levander struggles with basic logic and reasoning. Just read his stuff and you’ll see what I mean. Judas is like 20 years old. A true millennial. All of the above are in a grouping that includes the ultimate knuckle dragger - coach @nycdawg. From this sample size we can determine there exists a relationship between down voting and excessive cussing. People who cuss a lot are known to have lower IQs and small vocabularies. 8 + 1 = 10??? You support the thesis. :smile::smiley::wink::blush::neutral:

-The Village Idiot.

I sincerely want to bump into nycdawg one day just so he can admit to me he loves trolling and doesn't believe all the crap he posts about

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

I don’t target my DVs, i just use reddit and down votes there are mostly used to state disagreement not to insult people (i don’t know how some people on this board got that notion). The fact that i have downvoted you 17 times probably says a lot more about you than it does me.

@judasdurant said:

@Bankwalker said:

I don’t target my DVs, i just use reddit and down votes there are mostly used to state disagreement not to insult people (i don’t know how some people on this board got that notion). The fact that i have downvoted you 17 times probably says a lot more about you than it does me.

If you say so, but you were the only DV in 13 of the 17, and one of those was a post where I gave Nick Saban's definition of the Star. Not sure what that says about me when it's just you doing the DVing. Most were concentrated right before the season when you got your feelings hurt because you mistakenly thought I had called you a snowflake during one of NYC's rants. You then went on a DVing streak. It's cool. I got you. I just let you be once I realized you were only 20 years old.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:

-The Village Idiot.

Ahh, guess I saw 9 by Borodawg and misread. Well, I just gave you a tenth. For the record, I've upvoted a fair amount of your posts too. Your opinions are just divisive, and you seem to have a lot of "old man yells at cloud" kind of opinions.

Anyway, on another note, I didn't know you were a "high IQ" "good at Math" kind of guy! Maybe, you can help me. . .or maybe @levander can.

f: {1}-->{1}; f(x) = x^2

Do you know if this function can be increasing since its domain and codomain is just a single integer? If so, I would assume it's both injective and surjective, but I'm not positive. Do you know? This is a serious question, as I'm not getting the right answer, and I'm not completely sure why.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure why you lumped me in with the genius who started this thread on that math question.

I looked at it, but only understand about half of the notation and vocabulary you’re using. So I have no idea, don’t remember enough of the math classes I took in college to know.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I looked once at the DV's I got and they fell into two categories: legit and hilarious. The legit ones had to do w/ my idea that maybe we should take a penalty of aggression on Tua in the SECCG early on. Not try to hurt him, but send a message. Got some DV's on that. Those were legit. I also came around. I believe it was @donm who changed my thinking on that one. The others were for statements so anodyne I just cracked up. I don't even recall who did them but it looked like a personal problem to me. I typically don't pay much attention to those things.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@Kasey said:

@Bankwalker said:

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:

-The Village Idiot.

I sincerely want to bump into nycdawg one day just so he can admit to me he loves trolling and doesn't believe all the crap he posts about

I think you will be disappointed because coach @nycdawg does believe ALL of it

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't imagine going through and counting those votes

I do have a few people who downvote almost everything I say. They are the type of people who cannot compartmentalize.

I know a few people on here take their votes very seriously. One guy wrote a long paragraph to me about how much the votes mattered to him, how proud he was of his upvote to downvote ratio, and that people should put more thought into the votes they hand out.

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:

-The Village Idiot.

Ahh, guess I saw 9 by Borodawg and misread. Well, I just gave you a tenth. For the record, I've upvoted a fair amount of your posts too. Your opinions are just divisive, and you seem to have a lot of "old man yells at cloud" kind of opinions.

Anyway, on another note, I didn't know you were a "high IQ" "good at Math" kind of guy! Maybe, you can help me. . .or maybe @levander can.

f: {1}-->{1}; f(x) = x^2

Do you know if this function can be increasing since its domain and codomain is just a single integer? If so, I would assume it's both injective and surjective, but I'm not positive. Do you know? This is a serious question, as I'm not getting the right answer, and I'm not completely sure why.

I wish I still had the contact info for my college calculus professor Dr. Pal, he could help you.

"Have no fear, Dr. Pal is here"

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@Bankwalker said:

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:

-The Village Idiot.

or, else?

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@Bankwalker said:

@umooner said:

@Bankwalker said:

-The Village Idiot.

or, else?

Or I'm going to buy him a drink to pour over his head

@tfk_fanboy said:
    I can't imagine going through and counting those votes

I do have a few people who downvote almost everything I say. They are the type of people who cannot compartmentalize.

I know a few people on here take their votes very seriously. One guy wrote a long paragraph to me about how much the votes mattered to him, how proud he was of his upvote to downvote ratio, and that people should put more thought into the votes they hand out.

Now that's funny. It didn't take any time. 5-10 minutes maybe. The idea for the post came before the counting. It started with wondering how many times WC had downvoted me, because he is always trying to claim he is the victim. In doing that I noticed some of the same names over and over. We went to a black tie event on Saturday night with an open bar. I forget how many Woodford Reserves on the rocks I had, but I was feeling them lying on the couch Sunday morning so there literally wasn't much else for me to do. I do find it interesting that there really is a very small handful of people who dole out DVs. If you think about the number of people who frequent the board, and then look at how small the list of people who have DV just 5 times, and then from there to see that the number over 10 DVs is only 5 people among the thousands who view the board....well, draw your own conclusions.