Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Snowmaggedon 2019

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has anyone seen the first flake at their house?

All of the Atlanta streets were salted and schools closed. I dont think temps were ever forecast to be below freezing prior to dusk.

Comments

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing in Zebulon. But our schools didn’t close. They probably will close for tomorrow though due to the ice.

• icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In MN, we are closed through Wednesday. The windchill is expected to hit -50. They can't have kids at the bus stop, exposure for 5 minutes results in frostbite. Stay safe with the ice dawg fans.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@icebuddy said:
    In MN, we are closed through Wednesday. The windchill is expected to hit -50. They can't have kids at the bus stop, exposure for 5 minutes results in frostbite. Stay safe with the ice dawg fans.

We are simply not prepared for global warming.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@icebuddy said:

School closed in Toledo Ohio today as well. Supposed to be 15 below with wind-chill near 40 below today into tomorrow. Glad I'm in Las Vegas right now.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

lol it was 50 degrees this morning

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@icebuddy said:

LOL!!!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Bankwalker said:

@icebuddy said:

I really really wanted to take the bait on this one...

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Living up here in the NE Georgia Mountains, I went to bed last night under a Winter Storm Warning with up to 3 inches of snow expected. I woke up this morning to a Winter Weather Advisory with up to an inch of snow....possible. It snowed for about 45 minutes at 37 degrees. Melted as soon as hit..... So much for enjoying a snow day with a fire and a hot toddy, well I'm still going to do a fire and have a cocktail. Snow or no snow....

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Living up here in the NE Georgia Mountains, I went to bed last night under a Winter Storm Warning with up to 3 inches of snow expected. I woke up this morning to a Winter Weather Advisory with up to an inch of snow....possible. It snowed for about 45 minutes at 37 degrees. Melted as soon as hit..... So much for enjoying a snow day with a fire and a hot toddy, well I'm still going to do a fire and have a cocktail. Snow or no snow....

If you put much faith in weather folks, it could drive you to drink, alot.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing crazy yet here in middle TN. Wish it would. Snow work pays good money.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Supposed to be 33F tomorrow for our Wed AM workout. Had to cancel it and reschedule it - not used to this in Gainesville, FL or G2 as I call it.

@gdawg4life said:

Grew up in south Georgia. Would hear "Georgia red clay" comments and wonder what are they talking about. Now know after uga stint

• MountainDawgMountainDawg Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Was suppose to get 3 inches in my area. We ended up with 1/2 to 1 inch. Still have a dusting but only in shaded areas.

• DawgLinkDawgLink Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Why are meteorologists not held accountable? Laughing at the predictions

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@DawgLink said:

What do you suggest for inaccurate predictions ?

@donm said:

@DawgLink said:

What do you suggest for inaccurate predictions ?

Well, stef Abrams is a gator so she should have to Call the Dawgs and so should the dude that's an Auburn fan on TWC