Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Looks like their learning allot at the UGA

Comments

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So sorry I ever created this thread, my bad guys, didn't imagine it would blow up to this proportion, go Dawgs.

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:
    This wave of hate the political left has been riding in order to win elections is coming with consequences. To many people addicted to rage. To many people wanting to blame all their problems on "the others" out there. I liked SoFl Dawg's post because he touched on how people fear the unknown. This has been true since the dawn of time. It's truly sad how many have been manipulated and mislead so a few can gain power.

90% of mainstream political rage in recent years has come from the right, fueled by alt right and fake news sites. This is the community that elected Donald Trump.
    We are just now seeing true far left activist gaining real power, it's a direct counter measure to the far right.
    Common sense and fair mindedness is losing out to radicalization, irrational white fear of Obama was the big catalyst in the train to hell gaining momentum.

Dude you are crazy.... first, what exactly is the "far right"? Where is this supposed "far right"? Because that's not who I see marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces. No the left took off and left everyone else behind. This in turn makes everyone else look "far" to you, but really most of us are still near the middle. It's relative. What I really fear is when the "far right" actually does show up. Because if the left keeps jumping up and down and screaming and finger pointing and riling up hate.... well it won't be pretty when the right acts like they do.

I believe the far right was in Charlottesville running a woman over

So what... a thousand of them. In the entire country? Yeh, that's a huge problem we better jump all over. They're obviously pulling all kinds of strings with the country.

So you think the far left that are "marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces" that is also a very small percentage of the population are pulling all kinds of strings with the country?

They do it in multiple cities. But the biggest difference... the right leaders disavow those people. The left leaders support their radicals and even prop them up. I assure you, the right doesn't act like the left does. When they do, I'll think as little of them as I do of the left now.

Just so I get this straight, you say a small percentage of the right is far right(which I completely agree with), but that the far left is so predominate in the left that they control entire cities? That's saying at least 51% of the liberals in your given cities are hard left. That's just not factual.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Rabidawg said:
    I don't know what all has been said here. Have no intention of reading it all. Read enough. Keep hoping this thread will go away. The rules prohibit political posts. If this ain't a political post what is.
    People have beliefs that won't be changed here. One thing that brings us closer is sports. Sometimes even the most hardliners are able to leave their personal baggage behind and unite as fans.
    GEORGIA BULLDOG FANS
    I'm actually having a great day being 2 years into retirement. I'm happy with our entire program and have enjoyed reading about my favorite team the short time I've been here. I know I'm new but why can't we all just get along?

Great addition to this thread @Rabidawg . Can't believe someone gave it a downvote. Congrats on year 2 of retirement!

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgitimafan said:
    So sorry I ever created this thread, my bad guys, didn't imagine it would blow up to this proportion, go Dawgs.

This will happen with any political post anywhere on the internet

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:
    This wave of hate the political left has been riding in order to win elections is coming with consequences. To many people addicted to rage. To many people wanting to blame all their problems on "the others" out there. I liked SoFl Dawg's post because he touched on how people fear the unknown. This has been true since the dawn of time. It's truly sad how many have been manipulated and mislead so a few can gain power.

90% of mainstream political rage in recent years has come from the right, fueled by alt right and fake news sites. This is the community that elected Donald Trump.
    We are just now seeing true far left activist gaining real power, it's a direct counter measure to the far right.
    Common sense and fair mindedness is losing out to radicalization, irrational white fear of Obama was the big catalyst in the train to hell gaining momentum.

Dude you are crazy.... first, what exactly is the "far right"? Where is this supposed "far right"? Because that's not who I see marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces. No the left took off and left everyone else behind. This in turn makes everyone else look "far" to you, but really most of us are still near the middle. It's relative. What I really fear is when the "far right" actually does show up. Because if the left keeps jumping up and down and screaming and finger pointing and riling up hate.... well it won't be pretty when the right acts like they do.

So what... a thousand of them. In the entire country? Yeh, that's a huge problem we better jump all over. They're obviously pulling all kinds of strings with the country.

So you think the far left that are "marching in the streets, blocking up highways, screaming in people's faces" that is also a very small percentage of the population are pulling all kinds of strings with the country?

They do it in multiple cities. But the biggest difference... the right leaders disavow those people. The left leaders support their radicals and even prop them up. I assure you, the right doesn't act like the left does. When they do, I'll think as little of them as I do of the left now.

Just so I get this straight, you say a small percentage of the right is far right(which I completely agree with), but that the far left is so predominate in the left that they control entire cities? That's saying at least 51% of the liberals in your given cities are hard left. That's just not factual.

I beieve he was saying, or st least I will say, that the number of radicals is much more visible on the left, and municipal (dem controlled) governments appear more willing to allow them to creat chaos and disruption. The 99%’er movement was composed of a fairly large number of the most idiotic people ever assembled on the planet. Look at all the crapola those fools did, and out of nothing but a sheer sense of jealousy and entitlement. Were they called out for their ****.ity by the democrat leadership anywhere at any time? Barely. Left leaning radical protests are larger and more frequent than those on the right. That doesnt mean there are more left leaning radicals with safes full of guns and an sttic full of ammo ready to take care of business. It just means they make themselves known and cause more disruption. It’s not really a point up for honest debate. It’s accurate.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Notice how you're accommodating while you're answering aggressive dogma ? Why is this almost always the case, except for me ? Why should those who disagree with the hard right nonsense that is prevalent here feel the need to walk on egg shells ?

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

I beieve he was saying, or st least I will say, that the number of radicals is much more visible on the left, and municipal (dem controlled) governments appear more willing to allow them to creat chaos and disruption. The 99%’er movement was composed of a fairly large number of the most idiotic people ever assembled on the planet. Look at all the crapola those fools did, and out of nothing but a sheer sense of jealousy and entitlement. Were they called out for their ****.ity by the democrat leadership anywhere at any time? Barely. Left leaning radical protests are larger and more frequent than those on the right. That doesnt mean there are more left leaning radicals with safes full of guns and an sttic full of ammo ready to take care of business. It just means they make themselves known and cause more disruption. It’s not really a point up for honest debate. It’s accurate.

That is pure undiluted nonsense.

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Excellent rebuttal. I applaud your effort to give a reasonable answer.

With answers like this, it is really hard to understand why so many people give you a hard time?

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

With answers like this, it is really hard to understand why so many people give you a hard time?

Excellent smart ass BS response, I applaud you being 99% FOS.

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Now see, had you led with that response, on the heels of my bringing up the 99%ers, then you would have drawn a few laughs, maybe a “well played” and someone might have even assumed for a minute you were quick of wit. But the ole hampsters just not what he once was, struggling to keep up with the others. You probably would have jumped in right away with that one 10 years ago, but your lagging brain function has created confusion and accompanying frustration, which I feel is the real reason for your cussing outburts and rather random insults.

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Of course liberals will protest more than conservatives (supported by the Gallup poll). Protests are for evoking change and conservatives want to maintain the status quo hence the name. Conservatives will protest when they feel the status quo is threatened with the most notable, recent example being the tea party protests which evolved into a movement that shifted the mainstream portion of the Republican party much further right. There were also many examples of racist harrassment of black congressmen during the tea party event and more than several noose effigies of Obama popped up around the country. We've also seen a spike in violent attacks from the extreme right. However, I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center. You'll have to provide some links of local dems encouraging chaos and disruption of their own towns and cities because I couldn't find any. Only thing I found was maxine waters saying to harass trump admin members but that's a far cry from supporting violence. Occupy wall street was incredibly disorganized and ultimately ineffective but it's central theme of fighting corporate corruption and influence on government was supported by democrats. It wasn't that crazy of a position since we had just entered the worst recession since the depression due to wall street greed. Political radicals believe society needs to be changed in a way that can only be accomplished through revolutionary tactics (not necessarily violent). Almost everyone in America falls outside that.

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Now see, had you led with that response, on the heels of my bringing up the 99%ers, then you would have drawn a few laughs, maybe a “well played” and someone might have even assumed for a minute you were quick of wit. But the ole hampsters just not what he once was, struggling to keep up with the others. You probably would have jumped in right away with that one 10 years ago, but your lagging brain function has created confusion and accompanying frustration, which I feel is the real reason for your cussing outburts and rather random insults.

I'm not in the business of entertaining morons.

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

Of course liberals will protest more than conservatives (supported by the Gallup poll). Protests are for evoking change and conservatives want to maintain the status quo hence the name. Conservatives will protest when they feel the status quo is threatened with the most notable, recent example being the tea party protests which evolved into a movement that shifted the mainstream portion of the Republican party much further right. There were also many examples of racist harrassment of black congressmen during the tea party event and more than several noose effigies of Obama popped up around the country. We've also seen a spike in violent attacks from the extreme right. However, I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center. You'll have to provide some links of local dems encouraging chaos and disruption of their own towns and cities because I couldn't find any. Only thing I found was maxine waters saying to harass trump admin members but that's a far cry from supporting violence. Occupy wall street was incredibly disorganized and ultimately ineffective but it's central theme of fighting corporate corruption and influence on government was supported by democrats. It wasn't that crazy of a position since we had just entered the worst recession since the depression due to wall street greed. Political radicals believe society needs to be changed in a way that can only be accomplished through revolutionary tactics (not necessarily violent). Almost everyone in America falls outside that.

Trump and his ilk aren't true conservatives, they are preservatives at best. They cling to the idea of how great it was before the 60s came along and shifted some control away from protestant white males. John McCain was a real conservative, and these bozos hated him because he was intellectually honest.

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

A few liberals who infiltrated and pretended to be conservative racists at tea party events is not a legitimate representation. By this logic, everyone at the game when Sasser got drunk is also guilty of the remark. We have seen a spike in violence from the right, as it appears there are folks who are starting to strike back against the rhetoric of Eric “kick em” Holder, Cory “get jn their face” Booker”, Maxine Waters, and Hillary “we wont be civil” Clinton. I dont support those actions either.

You said: “I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center”.

I challenge you to support this statement with something I’ve actually said.

@Bankwalker said:

@YaleDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

A few liberals who infiltrated and pretended to be conservative racists at tea party events is not a legitimate representation. By this logic, everyone at the game when Sasser got drunk is also guilty of the remark. We have seen a spike in violence from the right, as it appears there are folks who are starting to strike back against the rhetoric of Eric “kick em” Holder, Cory “get jn their face” Booker”, Maxine Waters, and Hillary “we wont be civil” Clinton. I dont support those actions either.

You said: “I don't believe that type of virulent racism and violence defines all conservatives which is a courtesy you seem unwilling to give to anyone that falls left of center”.

I challenge you to support this statement with something I’ve actually said.

Come on man liberals infiltrating tea party events to pretend to be racist? That's too obvious of a troll attempt.

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

You are very entertaining. I think it is awesome when you completely lose control. . Your lack of self control is quite comedic, intentional or not.

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

You are very entertaining. I think it is awesome when you completely lose control. . Your lack of self control is quite comedic, intentional or not.

I trigger half a dozen inbreed morons with very little effort, it's like riding a bike.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What would happen if everyone blocked him?

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

America will never be fair til the old racist whites who teaches their young ones to be the same.they need to die off.the south is racist as hell and will stay this way until they all die.confederate loving pussies.oh btw just as black kill each other more so does white on white crime.dummy every race is like that.

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    We should've made bets on when/where @WCDawg would come back, and most of us would've definitely won with our bets that he'd come back on a political argument thread. Arguing and politics, his favorite things in life, oh and never being wrong (that's truly his favorite)... I'm sure he'll turn this argument around soon and say everyone is picking on him. Poor guy, I don't know why he can't catch a break.

Are you incapable of self examination ?
    It's you and a couple of other rabble rousers that insist on getting personal beyond the subject at hand. Point to the place on the doll where the bad person hurt you.

The bad person touched me just below the belt. Right where I hope your girlfriend/boyfriend touches you, so you can loosen up a little.

You are truly clueless about yourself. You insult, but you can't take your own methods being pointed back at you. There is a mob mentality at work here.

I never denied getting personal with you, Einstein. When you started getting personal with me, many many moons ago... You’re the only person on this board I personally “attack.” And that probably goes for many other users on here... take that for what it’s worth.

I'm the only non-mob member who doesn't tiptoe around you guys on this board. That makes me a target. When I push back you seem incapable of seeing your role in the escalation because the mob members have come to feel you can insult without having those tactics turned back on you.
    You guys loved The Cal. guy who posted a long valentine, but you never make similar efforts. That is because you feel this is your board and those with contrary views need to play by rules to mobsters impose.

You keep moving your main point around (which is typical in discussions with you). First, I can't "self-examine" that I'm getting personal with you. I then say I know I'm getting personal. Then you say I can't take getting attacked back, when I welcome you to attack back, I really don't care. Now we are onto the mythic "mob" on this board. Speaking of self-examination, could this all be because you're an angry person, and people (aka mob) typically don't like angry, know-it-alls that much? Please take a moment to "self-examine" these points.

My only main point is you and a few other posters are anal assholes.

And you're such a delight... Typical, called out for changing your points around, then go to name-calling cause you can't deny the facts. What it's like having discussions with @WCDawg.. Hmm, I wonder why there's a mob out to get him?

You're about as evolved as a jr high punk.

See, name calling when he can't deny the facts. I love you too, boo! :*

You post the word ''facts'' a lot, but you post very, very few actual FACTS.

Yeah, because calling out the events that transpired is not-factual. You're so smart.

What ''events'' ? all you've done is misrepresent a f...ing post from a year ago over and over as if it makes your dic bigger, it's an absurd obsession.

You off your meds again? I’m not even referencing old posts when talking about said events. I relayed exactly what happened on this thread, and of course you revert to name calling. A brick wall is more receptive than you.

That is typical, you alude to a supposed something that is really nothing. It's empty rhetoric.