Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Final Predictions
    Richards - Auburn
    Elam- Florida
    Cross- Penn State
    Seither- TCU/Alabama
    Pickens- Auburn/Juco
    Mingo- Ole Miss

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Muffingod said:
    @brentwilson do yourself a favor and watch Top Gun this weekend.

I believe they are currently shooting the sequel in Atlanta, with flight scenes filmed at Dobbins AFB in Cobb Co.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

Can tell you Richards was told UGA wasn't taking another RB. Can tell you I was told Mingo didn't have a spot. Plumlee wasn't taken. 100% telling you facts. Elam and Cross would just be misses. A lot to do with Tucker leaving but still misses.

Wow, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall on the last in home with Dell and MAR. Adds way more drama to the quote he gave Jeff.

“Do you want me to be 100 percent honest with you about what he said?” Richards said.
    He then proceeded to share a vivid recall of their last meaningful exchange in his home.
    That conversation would follow along like this if it were a script.
    DELL MCGEE: Mark, I want you to know this. …….
    (The Georgia assistant coach pauses.)
    DELL MCGEE: It doesn’t matter what school you go to. I know this is going to be a hard decision for you, but understand that you will be fine wherever you go. Where ever you go, you will be successful.
    (Another pause. Richards takes in what the Georgia running backs coach has to say. He nods.)
    DELL MCGEE: You will be successful but know that God is going to steer you in the right way.
    (This is the final pause. It was meant to have the desired effect.)
    DELL MCGEE: So don’t overthink it.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SquillDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@IwantNakobe said:
    Anthony edwards is next to comit

2 New CBs for Ant Man... both to UGA

I know I'm old, but how is his nickname not Goose?

Mine is ;)

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kids today will just have to wait until top gun 2 comes out

If you think that will help, you may want to rewatch Top Gun. Lol.

Something tells me he won't make the sequel.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SquillDawg said:

Now what if Maverick is teaching Goose’s son in TG2? Hmmmm that would be a good storyline

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@SquillDawg said:

Now what if Maverick is teaching Goose’s son in TG2? Hmmmm that would be a good storyline

Great balls of fire! I like it.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    “- Mingo is first to commit tomorrow, but I do not see him in this class for Georgia, possibly even if he wanted in. Regardless, I don't think that'll be the case. Ole Miss leading with Miss State the other option. I assume Georgia is taking a grad guy like Cager over Mingo.

• Elam and Seither remain undecided based on all intel I've got. Expect these to push into the noon hour tomorrow. We'll be keeping tabs on both closely.

• Auburn is back in the lead for Pickens, but no one is totally sure what he'll do tomorrow. He may just announce and sign, or he may do something totally different, such as announcing he's pushing forward. He's keeping people guessing until the last second. Still, I'm told those who know him think it's Auburn's race to lose.

• I do not expect Nick Cross to be part of this class.

Georgia is still turning guys away bc they would rather take grad transfers than a handful of guys. It helps in 2019 and also doesn't count towards 2020 class so can get back to full allotment.

Can tell you Richards was told UGA wasn't taking another RB. Can tell you I was told Mingo didn't have a spot. Plumlee wasn't taken. 100% telling you facts. Elam and Cross would just be misses. A lot to do with Tucker leaving but still misses.

Georgia will take 25 in 2020. 27 if Georgia doesn't take grad transfers. 14 seniors. If two grad transfers were added that's 16 seniors.

Between transfers and early departures, Georgia will have 8-9 more spots free to get to 24-25 in 2020. Georgia coaches are planning to sign a full class next year. Hence the grad transfers instead of 3-4 year guys. Any time a team has 14-16 seniors. Expect them to sign 23-25 at least. Early departures and transfers will add up to near that number.

14 seniors....add two grad transfers that turns to 16. D Swift will be gone, A Thomas will be gone, J Fromm could be gone, J Holloman could be gone, I Wilson could be gone.

Georgia will sign a full class next year.

Grad transfers dont go against next years unless you sign a full class and count them forward.

Georgia will be under the 85, which will also open up free spots to sign a full class.

Georgia will sign a full class in 2020. That's the plan.”

Grad transfers or any transfers do not count against the 25 any year if they are from D1. The issue 2020 is the 85 limit. We currently have 83 with incoming players. Signing only Cager and Wolf ONLY would take it to 85. Where it helps is that they both have only 1 year of eligibility left. That will increase the number out of eligibility to 16. I expect 4-6 to declare early and 1-2 transfer out. That will give us 21-24 possible in 2020. My mock class is based on 22 with not enough room for Clowney for example. Any HS or transfers with 2 or more years left signing this year will impact 2020. Uiagalelei is the key to enhancing recruitment at WR and in Ca. - hate to not be able to fully take advantage of that.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    “- Mingo is first to commit tomorrow, but I do not see him in this class for Georgia, possibly even if he wanted in. Regardless, I don't think that'll be the case. Ole Miss leading with Miss State the other option. I assume Georgia is taking a grad guy like Cager over Mingo.

• Elam and Seither remain undecided based on all intel I've got. Expect these to push into the noon hour tomorrow. We'll be keeping tabs on both closely.

• Auburn is back in the lead for Pickens, but no one is totally sure what he'll do tomorrow. He may just announce and sign, or he may do something totally different, such as announcing he's pushing forward. He's keeping people guessing until the last second. Still, I'm told those who know him think it's Auburn's race to lose.

• I do not expect Nick Cross to be part of this class.

Georgia is still turning guys away bc they would rather take grad transfers than a handful of guys. It helps in 2019 and also doesn't count towards 2020 class so can get back to full allotment.

Georgia will take 25 in 2020. 27 if Georgia doesn't take grad transfers. 14 seniors. If two grad transfers were added that's 16 seniors.

Between transfers and early departures, Georgia will have 8-9 more spots free to get to 24-25 in 2020. Georgia coaches are planning to sign a full class next year. Hence the grad transfers instead of 3-4 year guys. Any time a team has 14-16 seniors. Expect them to sign 23-25 at least. Early departures and transfers will add up to near that number.

14 seniors....add two grad transfers that turns to 16. D Swift will be gone, A Thomas will be gone, J Fromm could be gone, J Holloman could be gone, I Wilson could be gone.

Georgia will sign a full class next year.

Grad transfers dont go against next years unless you sign a full class and count them forward.

Georgia will be under the 85, which will also open up free spots to sign a full class.

Georgia will sign a full class in 2020. That's the plan.”

Grad transfers or any transfers do not count against the 25 any year if they are from D1. The issue 2020 is the 85 limit. We currently have 83 with incoming players. Signing only Cager and Wolf ONLY would take it to 85. Where it helps is that they both have only 1 year of eligibility left. That will increase the number out of eligibility to 16. I expect 4-6 to declare early and 1-2 transfer out. That will give us 21-24 possible in 2020. My mock class is based on 22 with not enough room for Clowney for example. Any HS or transfers with 2 or more years left signing this year will impact 2020. Uiagalelei is the key to enhancing recruitment at WR and in Ca. - hate to not be able to fully take advantage of that.

I just copied and pasted that from another site as I am not into math.
    Uliagaleelei is unrealistic at this point IMHO though landing Jermaine Burton could help us with Johnny Wilson and other elite wide receiver targets out west. USC will crash and burn next season (and their recruiting class this cycle sucks) and elite talent that can’t get into Stanford is leaving California in droves so that helps. I’d personally like to see the staff offer big Jeremiah Johnson ASAP as that kid is a matchup nightmare

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Predictions for today: 0

Sounds bad but makes sense if you read above from @tiger_62082 posts and also @JeffSentell NSD thread. #2 class ain’t all so bad. Go Dawgs

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/11938/this-is-dawgnation-official-national-signing-day-thread#latest

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

@Muffingod said:

Will second that. But put "Tombstone" ahead of that if haven't checked that one off either.

Throw in “300” and you will grow the most epic beard possible by Sunday afternoon.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@JeffSentell said:

@Muffingod said:

Will second that. But put "Tombstone" ahead of that if haven't checked that one off either.

Throw in “300” and you will grow the most epic beard possible by Sunday afternoon.

And if you got time, maybe some Braveheart

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

@Muffingod said:

"Well, are you going to do something or just sit there and bleed" ? I've enjoyed that movie every time I've watched it.

• Options

@dbrown7494 said:
    George Pickens was the next to commit to the G

Could possibly be the final one for this thread too

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg someone had to get the last one in.

• Options

@dbrown7494 said:
    @CZCashvilleDawg someone had to get the last one in.

Maybe Mr Elam steals his thunder hahah ?

This discussion has been closed.