Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

So what does Vegas think of UGA v ND?

2»

Comments

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If someone could clarify I would appreciate it.. So it was 6.5 after Monday's confirmation of Eason but now it's already down to 4.5? Does that mean a bunch of people took the points on UGA and drove the line closer to even?

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:
    It's down to 4.5 at most books.

There are some keeping it at 5 and a few at 4 but most are at 4.5.

Remember, home teams usually get 2.5-3 points for home field advantage.

For those who may not know, the "moneyline" is a wager without the spread.

So instead of taking UGA at -5 with the odds being -110 (betting $110 to win 100)

you take them to win without any points (aka straight up) with odds being +170 (bet $100 and win $170).

Thanks for adding; forgot that some may not know what the moneyline is. If you missed it at ND -6, it won't be that good anytime before Saturday.

• Options

@VaBeachDawg said:
    If someone could clarify I would appreciate it.. So it was 6.5 after Monday's confirmation of Eason but now it's already down to 4.5? Does that mean a bunch of people took the points on UGA and drove the line closer to even?

Yes, it happened just like the bookies wanted it to. "Expected result"

• Options
    Dawghandler85Dawghandler85 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 Agree 100%. Just told my buddy last night we have much tougher games on the schedule this year than ND. IMO if we lose it'll be because we crapped the bed due to it being in South Bend, national stage, etc. Not because ND was the better team. I have it 34-17 Dawgs!

• Options
    KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@amjadawgs said:
    Home field/court is always -3 guys.

That's a measuring stick but not always the case. UGA going to Tech is not the same thing as say UGA going to Baton Rouge on a Saturday night.

• Options

Now down to ND -4 just as I predicted. Too many wagers made on ND giving the points immediately after Eason's injury. Bookies had to even the playing field by giving more points to UGA. It's basically back to where it started now. Wouldn't expect much change, although possibly down to -3 1/2 by game time. DAWGS win this one - as long as Fromm plays within himself and doesn't try to make "too" much happen.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Likely 2 guards and QB making their first start plus RT making his second. Don't expect too much from the offense or Chaney folks. He isn't going to be worried about tempo or trick plays unless/until we get behind.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BTW After this and Samford our line will be better (no injuries hopefully) and QB more comfortable and a loss in SB doesn't mean give up hope for the East. Not necessary that loss means anything more than not gelling

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

VERY positive sign that it's down around -4!
    They get 3 for being at home. I don't think the home field advantage is going to be as prevalent as some people do.
    That would make it DEAD EVEN.

Notre Dame gets action just from heritage... in my simple mind, that makes us have the advantage off the odds makers (and my random deductions.)

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2017

FWIW: In 2016 ND was -8 vs. Michigan State (lost by 8), -20 vs. Duke (lost by 3), and, in spite of a 2-4 record, -3.5 vs. Stanford (lost by 7). Am I wrong, or does it seem like folks like to bet with optimism on ND in the first half of the season?

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2017

Depending on the site, approximately 65% of the money was on UGA this morning.

Many seasoned bettors like to fade the public.

The line is now at 5.5. I expected things to even out. Now would be a good time to bet the moneyline.

My guess is the game time line will be around 4.5.

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would also like to add a little bit to my above comment.

The New England Patriots rarely lose at home.

The Pats were favored by 9 points against Kansas City on Thursday night for the opening regular NFL season.

Final -
    KC - 42
    NE - 27

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    FWIW: In 2016 ND was -8 vs. Michigan State (lost by 8), -20 vs. Duke (lost by 3), and, in spite of a 2-4 record, -3.5 vs. Stanford (lost by 7). Am I wrong, or does it seem like folks like to bet with optimism on ND in the first half of the season?

"With TouchDown Jesus on our side, who can beat us?"
    -ND
    "Most everybody that plays you this year."
    -2016 season

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another observation: Notre Dame was ranked 18th and Michigan St. was ranked 12th and ND was still favored in Vegas by 7.