Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

To the Mod….

Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

….who removed my last thread.

I wonder whether you can explain what was so objectionable about it.

Comments

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2019

PS:

You must be a gutless wonder who would rather hide among the rest of the Mods instead of explaining your actions.

If you think that there are subjects which are out of bounds when it comes to humor you should just DV or justify your actions, instead of taking an action which makes you appear to be a pompous, judgmental, anal-retentive, p.r.i.c.k.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What was the thread about?

A motto on a t-shirt worn by Brett Seither's Mom. There was nothing dis-respectful about it.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

We have Mods????

I know some were being considered, but it looks like DN is making a move......

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy is one right? Or not yet

I don't know about that, but SOMEONE has the ability to remove threads.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s all good Mickey bro. Not saying for this is the reason, but it could just be this site. It hasn’t really been up to par in my opinion since the last major “upgrade”

I participated Mickey. Thought it was alright. There wasnt any mention of waste disposal bodily functions at least.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, this is good news for the crew who has been hopping around, desperate for someone to set rules they have to follow.

I have no problem staying in bounds, if I know where the boundaries are. That is the really confuuusing part

Yeah, good luck having that happen on an internet message board. Well defined boundaries never happen. There’s always quite a bit of interpretation involved.

Take your word for it. My one and only message board. No other social media either. More of a listener than a talker anyway. I'll just stick to my own boundaries and hope they work

Just think about it. It’s defining rules for speech.

As an easy quick example, Say you outlaw talking about politics. Well you realize the state of Georgia only exists as a political body? Georgia as a state does not exist in nature, Common sense tells you can can talk about Georgia without it being considered political. But an entirely valid, rational argument could be made that you can’t talk about Georgia if you can’t talk about politics.

So you refine the rule further. And you say that only controversial political talk is outlawed. Well what’s controversial? That the political media isn’t trusted by 75% of Americans is a poll that’s been reproduced several times in the last few years. But it wasn’t that long ago I’d irritate the hell out of a couple of people making references to how untrustworthy cable news is, To me it’s not the least bit controversial... It’s just that there are some **** people...

Anyway, you should see where I’m going,

There’s always a lot of interpretation involved when making rules for message boards.

Like I personally wouldn’t have deleted Mickey’s thread. But I can see why it was.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not a mod. Sentell may have DM’d me about being one. I might be one if the “I’ll say it” threads come back 😉

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

I would like to know what the guidelines would be for picking a Mod.

Is it longevity? I joined January 17. I know a few joined around the same time. Is there anyone who has been here longer?

Is it level? I'm a graduate. Is there a higher level?

Is it the number of posts? I'm on here almost everyday, just dont post as much anymore due to the all the experts on here already.

Is it bowing to certain certain people? I'm not good at that.

Is it avoiding certain controversial topics, or only voicing certain opinions on said subjects? Not good at that either.

Giving anyone the secret ability to affect free speech will lead this site to go down hill quickly. I did not get the opportunity to see @Mickey_Hand 's OP, but short of it having some type horrible vulgarity in it, I can't see a reason to delete it. And even then without definitive rules about what can and can not be posted it will be left to the opinions of the Gods, oops I meant Mods.

Maybe @JeffSentell or @MikeGriffith could explain the methodology of picking a mod and the reason @Mickey_Hand 's post was deleted.

BamaDawg: “Giving anyone the secret ability to affect free speech will lead this site to go down hill quickly. I did not get the opportunity to see @Mickey_Hand 's OP, but short of it having some type horrible vulgarity in it, I can't see a reason to delete it. And even then without definitive rules about what can and can not be posted it will be left to the opinions of the Gods, oops I meant Mods.”

It wasnt horribly ****. Some lady who’s a Mom of one of the recruits was wearing a t-shirt that was a twist on the old “Team is more important than me” cliche. It said, “Team Over Me”. And Mickey’s OP was like, “Oi Vey! You’re giving me nasty ideas about you Mama!” The OP wasn’t that explicit. But I’m not gonna take the time todo a better example. The result of the double entendre was in your mind you were picturing an attractive older blonde lady in a gangbang with the football team.

I’m being lazy though and not wording everything kind of subtle like Mickey did. It was worded well enough, when I saw it, deleting it crossed my mind. But I probably would have left it. My concern was if that lady sees that she’s gonna be terribly embarrassed and insulted. At the extreme like if that lady saw it and complained even a little bit, I would have taken it down.