Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Best meat for barbequing ?....

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No exotic criters on my list, but you're welcome to write one in.

Best meat for barbequing ?.... 62 votes

Pork.
66%
amjadawgsDirtDawgAcrum21czaxsbakBrentBiggerBadDawgBigDawg279Mickey_HandCZCashvilleDawgTankArchDawg90Tdub0199JKFlyfishDenmen185bigdawg2223DGD28ddsnyderugarguy12BoroDawgRotgut 41 votes
Beef.
29%
mowetdirtPalm_City_Dawgtfk_fanboytlynch1968Diablo_and_DocAgDawgtymoon31ugafan396jay_kubzzRPMdawgAnotherDawgYaleDawgBulldawg1982HornedDawgsDawgforeverSouthGA_DawgSATX_DAWGGeoffDawg 18 votes
Chicken.
4%
mmoondawgWCDawgCaromeclark 3 votes

Comments

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Beef.

Not much of a cook, do a little smoking. But as far as eating, I like do plenty of that. I'd go beef, chicken, pork on eating

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Beef.

All of them, really.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I voted for pork but you didn't have an option for emu.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I reckon it depends on what you want for dinner. All of them.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Chicken.

donm, I'll consider emu a write in.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019
    Pork.

Nothing like a good pork loin thats been on the smoker all day.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019
    Pork.

Don't know if the pic uploaded or not ugggghhhh.

Nm I got it figured out.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pork is better for BBQ because it is inexpensive meat that can dressed up with seasoning and spice to make a great tasting meal at a low cost per pound. The guy’s pork loin above probably cost him all of $8.

The ethanol scam has made the price of beef skyrocket

edited March 2019
    Beef.

Agree on the ethanol. Causes all kinds of small engine problems. At work I buy gas by hundreds of gallons. After noticing small engine problems went to ethanol free. Think I remember it being cheaper than with ethanol. Probably saw this happening and flip flopped the pricing . Not cool @Bankwalker

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Butt, 225.... 13 hrs .

Chicken.

It's interesting to see how a poll starts out running even ( pork and beef) then late posters galvanize to 1 over the other.

I'm still the lone chicken fan though.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I'm sobbing as I see these pics. My smoker is down with a bad heating element. Guess I'm going to have to invest in a manual smoker, however I like the convenience of the electric. Press one button and open it up in 12 to 13 hours....

Chicken.

If you don't have an independent gas station that sells ethanol free fuel, try sta-bil gas treatment.

Beef.

Been avoiding it. Have a 1000gal tank Does it work @WCDawg.

Buy from a distributor that's a fisher/boater. He carries ethanol free because, I've heard, that's where the ethanol problems were 1st noticed. Been told that in big boats where the fuel tank is a part of the hull(think that's right term) and made of fiberglass, that the ethanol breaks down the resins of the fiberglass.

Chicken.

RP- I'm not a boater and I don't know about ethanol's affect on resins. I know it's damaging to 2 cycle engines.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Pork.

Pork. If you want beef head to Texas.... I also love beef. Whatever the heart desires to smoke is what I say

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Pork.

Yessir, you BBQ pork slowly. You grill steak to rare / medium-rare quickly over hot coals.

Ethanol’s effects are mostly due to being hydroscopic - the stuff collects water and then runs it thru the engine. My boat has a water seperator like a diesel engine requires and I also run high octane. Havent heard of the stuff eating the fuel tank. That would be a really big problem in a boat, but I don’t believe it because the length of time fuel sits in some boat tanks would mean this would be a really well known issue. You would find those little red gas cans would leak out too. Those stay full of gas at some people’s houses for a couple of years.

Google up a replacement element, brother. Ive had to replace mine a couple of times on my electric. Found them on amazon.

FYI...a SMALL green egg is my favorite for smoking a butt. Doesnt use as much charcoal and the heat chamber is easier to control.