Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Having fun: Disney World...

RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited April 2019 in General

So, went to Disney World for a week with the fam. Scott Van Pelt got behind me in line at one point, so I got to meet him. That was kind of cool. P.S. He's tall as @#$^!

So what'd I miss?

1. Players got arrested, run em till they puke and move on.
  2. Auburn lost, the people celebrate.
  3. Spring ball updates?

Anything else of note? DW is fun, but you don't get a lot of R&R there. Glad to be back.

Comments

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What days did you spend at DW ?

• Options
  • Options

I was there all last week. Never seen it that crowded but my wife is a Disney pro so no waiting to do anything.

• Options

It was my first trip ever. And honestly got to say it exceeded my expectations. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. I appreciate a job well done, and those folks do a fine job down there.

• Options

It’s all in the planning. Have a schedule and take advantage of the fast pass system. Like I said my wife needs to work for DW, she’s got it down to a science.

• Options

Dude, that is awesome !

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s so cool, thank you for sharing! I love going to DW but most of my time is spent at Epcot (mildly inebriated so that probably doesn’t help) so I didn’t recognize him. However, my wife did the college program and she recognized him immediately. Did you get to stay at the Grand Floridian when you went?

• Options

@JoelSidneyKelly

That's fantastic! We ate dinner in there one night. That hotel lobby is unreal. It's got to be one of the classiest places they have down there. I will definitely show my wife this post later.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Glad to know my portrait resembles him! He was a wonderful man and a Disney rock-star.

We did stay at the Grand. With a theme park view. And got fifteen walk-on fast passes.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will be honest.... I don’t look forward to the day I have to to take the family there. I know it’s coming. Just don’t like parks that have crowds. Or crowds in general. People touching me and always being on alert... wears a bro out. It’s a crazy world.

However, I have to say @JoelSidneyKelly bro that is really cool! Awesome picture and y’all should have been treated like royalty. I’m sure it took a minute to create.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly I knew you were talented by what you usually post here but WOW. That is amazing. I don't know the first thing about art but I love to see it in just about any form. You need to have a show so I can go and enjoy it.

• Options

If it makes you feel better, I felt almost exactly the same way before we went. But I had a great time in spite of it.

• Options
  • Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ditto on that. I dont like crowds either. It ended up not being anything like I thought. Took advantage of the fast pass or what ever it was called a few times.

Lol. Didnt know until I got there, but I was our pack mule. Used a book bag to carry whatever we may need. We froze bottles of water . As it thawed we drank it while standing in lines at rides

• Options

Took wife down back in mid Jan, that’s the perfect time. Cool temps, crowds not so bad. Last week was to celebrate my daughters 5th bday, big crowd and cranky kid makes for long days but well worth it.