Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What Music Do you Like the Least?

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Can't say country or rap....that's too easy. Everyone says that.

What's the one artist you would get rid of? I liked @ugaforever thread about hated tv shows yesterday and wonder what the responses would be here.

Me? Taylor Swift. Probably as much as people blow her up as an amazing songwriter. I don't hear it.

And 20 years ago I would've said The Eagles, but I can tolerate them now.

Comments

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Show tunes?

any mumble rapper

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I actually like a Christian hip hop artist, NF, a lot. When someone is talented, they are talented. What O don’t like is what are called mumble rappers who you can’t understand and who just cuss all the time. In rock, I have always felt the Eagles were over-rated. Another rock band I never really got was the Grateful Dead. ABBA - meh. I used to not like Dylan and Pink Floyd as a teen and college kid. Now, I regard both as genius.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

EDIT: original post removed as a courtesy to @BrooklynDawg.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pop in general.....

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

New age rock music.

i love 90s rock like Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, etc, but but newer generation rock is garbage.

If the question is which particular artists I'd like to see/hear less of, that list would include Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Ariane Grande, Cardi B, and Nicki Minaj.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Here's an unpopular opinion..

I hate Bob Marley, I could never hear reggae again and be totally fine with it

show tunes are tough for me too. I have friends that love broadway shows up here and it's just never been my thing unless it's a jukebox musical like jersey boys where they play songs I already know

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love how when someone says a category isn't a choice it is mentioned anyway...rap and country weren't choices. Since country isn't a choice...rock in general, heavy metal specifically. Especially that screaming stuff. I can do without Justin bieber as an artist.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't like extremely heavy metal type music. Just doesn't do it for me. My nephew, Tommy Narducci, plays in a heavy metal band in CA. You can google him if you like that type of music and let me know what you think.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty much anything recorded after 2001 minus a couple of songs.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey, always respect people’s opinions, but “tolerate” and “the Eagles” just don’t belong in the same post imo. JMO, The Eagles are not just “a” GOAT but “the” GOAT. I know some consider Henley and Frey as a great songwriter duo, but I think Henley is on a different level. He had some great solo hits after the Eagles.

There are two groups that I wasn’t very crazy about several years ago, but have grown to really like in Pink Floyd and The Who.

Also the Rolling Stones have my respect for their unbelievable longevity, but really only a handful of songs I really like by them.

That 4-hour documentary that Clint Eastwood's daughter did on the Eagles is awesome.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big hair 80's rock

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife owns a club and some DJs play Drake a good bit. I simply do not understand how anyone appreciates his music. If musicians were known as sketch artists, then Drake would be in the corner scribbling with crayons. Just elementary rhyming. The younger sect is easily impressed.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hootie and the Blowfish.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I still enjoy the rock of the 90s....minus Nirvana. Never could like them. The more I heard out of Nirvana, and later on, the Foo Fighters....the more I realized that Dave Grohl was the real musical genius of both groups. The music of the 90s was the music of my young adulthood, and the music of Gen-X.

Although I was a teenager in the mid-late 80s, I wasn't a big 'Hair Band' fan. My parents had given me their old records, and I listened to a lot of what they did as young adults....Classic Country, Motown tunes, the music of the hippies, and even Led Zeppelin, the Doors, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath. Also never liked the screaming head-banging stuff, either.

An artist I could easily do without? Easily Taylor Swift and the 'manufactured' American Idol / The Voice artists.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

R Kelly, Micheal Jackson. Those pedophiles come to mind.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Really? Dude has some iconic songs. Jamming and Redemption Song come to mind.