Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

CLEMSON CHEATING!?!?!?

Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya don’t say? I would never have thought that wholesome, family oriented program would cheat.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yikes, it's obvious that everyone is doing this. I'm just hoping that UGA isn't one of the schools that gets caught. Crazy how we were able to pull in a top basketball prospect out of the blue this year, isn't it?

• TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2019

"Yikes, it's obvious that everyone is doing this. I'm just hoping that UGA isn't one of the schools that gets caught. Crazy how we were able to pull in a top basketball prospect out of the blue this year, isn't it?"

It isn't obvious that everyone is doing it.

If you're a Georgia fan why would you smear the program by lumping the Dawgs in with a bunch of cheating lowlifes without evidence?

• DipDawgDipDawg Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

"If you use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight."

I'm not really sure how incriminating that statement is. That can be taken in a lot of different ways. But hopefully its enough to get Bresee to decommit today hahaha.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The statement by itself isn’t incriminating, but considering he said it around the time he was talking about trying to pay Zion to come to Clemson adds a little weight to the incriminating side. But since he didn’t come out and just say they were cheating, doubt much comes of this. Unless he, or others, start talking specific examples to the FBI.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glass houses.

Plus, I highly doubt this true of Clemson. They have ALWAYS been known as a “clean” school, all the way back to Charley Pell and Danny Ford. 😂

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All the top programs do it, no need for a "holier than thou" attitude...if you get caught, then you get caught...if you don't get caught and you win championships, the payoff is worth the risk...just know that these kids get offered incentive packages at a lot of places, so you still have to recruit, coach & develop....it's not as easy as paying a bunch of 5 star guys and waiting on the trophies to roll in...Duke's men's basketball team had the top 3 recruits in the country and couldn't even make the final 4....I don't care if I get slammed for this, because our truth is also our rivals truth...

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is low level additional benefits ($100 handshakes, making college experience comparable to student population, cars, etc.) at every major school. The question is whether high level payments ($50,000 plus) are happening at every school. Alabama got busted for paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for Albert Means so we know it goes on there. Miss St. got busted for offer hundreds of thousands of dollars for Cam Newton. Cam Newton went to Auburn so we are pretty sure that Auburn is doing it too. along with the statement of the recruit that auburn should have made a better offer to get Pickens. The basketball scandal has shown numerous basketball programs paying $100,000 plus to get an elite recruit.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Read the bagman article that was in SB nation a few months ago. It is really pretty accurate.

I can assure you that Dabo doesn't know anything about it.

I played college football in the old Southwest conference in the 80s (some of you older guys remember how dirty that was), coached high school for almost 30 years and currently have a son just starting the recruiting process so I'm somewhat familiar with how recruiting works.

Things happen but it's not as obvious or egregious as some of you might think. And it doesn't work like basketball. Basketball is much dirtier.

Nothing will come out concerning Clemson and no one wants anything to come out.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Clempson folk is a bunch of ly'n', cheat'n sister marry' 'n yokels with chronic body odor.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The bagman giveth and the bagman rateth yer a s s out to avoid federal time!

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey man, I respect your opinion if you don't believe that everyone is doing it. However, it seems to me and most others that top prospects across the major college sports are obviously getting paid by everyone who's landing them. "lumping the dawgs with a bunch of cheating lowlifes" is a pretty harsh way of interpreting my statement that everyone including UGA is paying players. Hopefully we can both agree that the system needs to change, however I don't see your perspective that some programs are "cheating lowlifes" while UGA is landing a bunch of awesome guys who are turning down these other offers to play for free at UGA.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019
  • 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

recruiting is a bloodsport just like politics...and really any other billion +$ industry.... just because you think your fav program is perfect doesn't make it true..... 2 big 2 fail...it will blow over..... but clemson is laughable to everyone without orange glasses......keep thinking your the shinning beacon of moral goodness ...in a world of kill or be killed...

waiting for the "snitches" the tiger memes to go viral

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's the players that are getting cheated if they're not being paid. 😎😎😎

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

out of the blue? Edwards is a home-grown GA guy. Crean is a maestro with shooting guard development. (See D-Wade, Oladipo, Ferrel) It’s not out of the blue to stay home and play for your state and get the same developments you could far away.