Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Which do you dislike the most?

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited May 2019 in Off Topic

Telemarketers or Door to Door Solicitations?

I just had a knock at the door and was greeted with, “Hi I’m Joel, with the Democratic Party of Georgia...”. I just quickly told him “Not an F’n chance” and closed the door. For me, I just totally despise door to door solicitations, and you had better NOT leave a knob hanger for the crooks to see hanging on my door. I will call you up and explain the perceived safety issue for residents AND assure you I will never shop your establishment. Door hangers REALLY piss me off because it let’s crooks know who is home and who isn’t

Which do you dislike the most? Door to Door or the robocallers?

DO NOT KNOCK ON MY DOOR ASKING FOR SOMETHING UNLESS YOU ARE A KID OR THE NEIGHBOR NEEDING AN EGG FOR A RECIPE.

Which do you dislike the most? 36 votes

Telemarketers/Robo Calls
66%
BobcatGradTdub0199TheSmartWayinsertusernameherePigeonsddsnyderugaBoroDawgjc30116JackLatttyswilkerson73WCDawgjudasdurantSoFL_DawgOldGuardDawgbenjaminwgreggVALDOSTADAWGJimWallacecory430TNDawg71YaleDawg 24 votes
Door to Door Solicitations
33%
tfk_fanboyjgf1031orlandoSquillDawgBig_PruneCatfishmantis_toboggan69volatilisRxDawgdeutcshland_dawglooeyvilledawgGeoffDawg 12 votes
Neither. I am old and lonely so enjoy the conversation.
0%

Comments

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

Took care of the door to door salesmen coming around. Just hang a no trespassing sign. If they come in the yard they can be charged with criminal trespass in OH. Now robocalls and blind sales calls piss me off to no end. I get about ten a day now. It has cost me jobs I could have gotten in the past. Now if I accidentally pick up, I'll let them go through the their sales pitch and waste as much of their time as I can. Usually these people work commission only so they just lost all that time and some of them get really pissed off.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

I hate all the calls. I don't hate the callers though, most of them probably hate their jobs like a bad rash.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

Calls just because of volume. Don't see door to door people often

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They ALL understood when they accepted the position that the job entailed bothering people.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

I get calls almost every D.a.m.n. day, I hate the calls more, I never get the door to door stuff....

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

I once heard a comedian say he lets telemarketers go thru their whole spiel and then asks how this product will help them since he's going to kill himself whenever he gets off the phone with them.

Also, check out Jim Florentine who has some albums called terrorizing telemarketers that are hilarious

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

Life in prison for violating the do not call registry

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

Bank. I have a niece who worked at a phone center while in college. She detested the work but it was something she could pretty much set her schedule on around her school work.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

I live in the sticks so I don't gotta worry about strangers at my door but I despise telemarketers with a passion.

• Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm with u on door to door. U can mail me whatever crap u want me to know about. When I'm at home I don't wanna be bothered.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Telemarketers I can hang up on, door to door rings door bell and stands there waiting. Gets the wife fired up and then I have to explain my 3 5 7 security system.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

To take care door to door people I just let our Great Dane out and they hop back in their cars in a hurry.

We have a phone line for internet only. I have no idea where a hand set is for a house phone so I don't deal with telemarketers.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Robocalls: Some may be helped by nomorobo. com. It is free for home use but mobile costs. Home works on (certain) VOIP phones like Cox or Comcast. Need to set up Simultaneous ring, but your system may have other requirements. I have home but not mobile. If you have copper/POTS, you're screwed.

For home, a robocall will ring once then stop. You can report a number that gets through so as to be added to the dating base. I usually check them through whitepages.com (I think you get a few check per month - donno but I don't subscribe) or another telephone number checking service; then report them to nomorobo.

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Telemarketers/Robo Calls

Telemarketers/Robo Calls

Easy one. I haven't had anyone knock on my door in years. Didn't even know that was still a thing what with the interwebs and all.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • RedFiveRedFive Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

Threads that have nothing to do with football in a football forum, that’s what I dislike most.

• njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have currently have Fios and you can enable the nomorobo directly from your Fios login - I used to have Cablevision [yes I have a choice!] and it works for them also.

They have a pay app that works on cell phones too.