Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Game of Thrones Spoiler/dork thread

Comments

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whoa....that will be a very unsatisfying ending to the viewers, unless they go back and show a very detailed killing of Cersei. The fanbase wants to see her bite it in a big, big way.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless they were on rocket-powered horses, not sure how they beat Dany's armada down to King's Landing.

I originally thought Arya was going to kill Cersei wearing someone else's face but I think she's already had her climax (no, not talking about Gendry) with her assassination of the Night King. She'll play a supporting role but the actual killing will fall to Jaime or Tyrion, probably Jaime.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I don’t believe believe said theory I thought it was interesting though

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting that you're discounting Arya. Only because, why else (from a writer's point of view) are they sending her to Kings Landing? Just as a side note? Doesn't seem worth the effort. I'm not predicting either way that she kills Cersei, but I'm sure she's going to play a big role in some part of the story. Personal guess is that she kills Dany after Dany turns on Jon.

Operating on your premise that each character gets one "highlight kill", I think that leaves Dany or Jaime to kill Cersei. Although, Dany has kills a lot of people.

Arya - Night King. I still think it's possible because of the "green eyes" prophecy though.

Tyrion - His dad

Jon - All interest in his character (Seriously, since his resurrection, what has he done besides bang is hot aunt?)

Hound - he's after his brother

Grey Worm - ???? Doubtful, but after last week, I can't rule it out.

Jaime - Brianne's heart (Side note, totally thought of this American classic when Jaime slept with Brianne https://youtu.be/x4utH5uWK6c?t=111 )

I'll go out on a limb and predict Grey Worm to kill Cersei.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wait, what? There's rocket powered horses? See nobody tells me this stuff!

I think that even if she doesn't do much more than be part of a buddy-cop routine with the Hound, she'd have to go. At this point, it'd be out of character for her to kick back and chill (literally and figuratively) at Winterfell while all this action is going down at King's Landing. Especially since her favorite faux-brother Jon is in the middle of it.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hot takes: I preface these by saying that I have enjoyed the last two episodes mostly but I know this one is going to get killed online.

The show is what it is at this point. All the elaborate theories are just that. I find myself reading too much into little things expecting a twist. There probably will be one more attempt to shock us but really the DDs don’t deserve their rep of coming up with “shockers”: Ned, the Red Wedding, the Jon reveals....all Martin or ideas of book fans/things he’s hinted at.

In terms of plot it’s a different show. Ever since they completely went past George’s work or even ideas the overall plot has been basic as hell. The action is good and like the good TV writers they are the one on one or character driven scenes are good. But they are so far NOT epic overall.

Speaking of George. I don’t like giving him credit and think his last couple of books in the series were way too unfocused but Benioff and Weiss don’t hold a candle to his scale of plot. As @Kasey theorized: you do start to wonder if he’s either planning on releasing more books in his own mind or if he just doesn’t GAF anymore. Obviously he’s got plenty of financial reasons to go along. But remember how we used to hear that he was sharing notes/ideas with the show still? Don’t anymore that I’ve heard.

Jon and Dany. Either bad writing or actors not great at showing ANY believeable interactions.

Whoever had the idea to make the LEAST interesting Greyjoy aka The worst Jack Sparrow rip-off a big part of the final season should be fired. Bad enough to see the buffoon kill a dragon last week but he truly did NOT deserve a death scene. Should have had the dragon eat/burn him and found another way to make it hard for Jaime to get to Circe for the death scene.

Was still more entertaining than anything else on now. Just wish they hadn’t doubled down on the dragons and trying to make a Hollywood blockbuster.

Other than that how was the show Mrs Lincoln?

I really thought Yara was going to show up after they mentioned she had retaken the Iron Islands. I would have preferred that since (on the show) she and Euron had history. Jaime and Euron had no history or real reason to fight.

Kudos to the hound v mountain fight. I got out of chair for that one.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I retired from the police department in 2003 and died in 2011, I guess I need to do a Google Search to find out what Game of Thrones is all about......

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dany has become the "Mad Queen"!

Jon has come to his senses albeit too late.

Still a lot to be played out.

Arya has too many lives. But she is, by far, my favorite character. She may end up having to be the one to kill Dany and/or the last dragon.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why did she kill Vary’s

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Because he was conspiring against her for Jon to be king. And it helps develop the “mad queen” character (but I think burning King’s Landing to the ground helped a bit with that).

Also, strongly implied that Varys was poisoning her. So, execution warranted from her point of view.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I have to admit ..I've read the books (twice) watched the show from Season 1 , and I have NO F'ing clue how it will end. NONE ! I thought I had Martin's plot line some what figured out , then when the show passed the books I thought I was getting a little inkling into their direction . Now Season 8 and I'm as lost as last years Easter Eggs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, good news only have a week to go.

BTW, if you haven't watched the Game Revealed behind the scenes stuff, it's great. Particular the ones for 3 and 5.

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You broke character there with "google search." The real columbo used infoseek exclusively!

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm putting my $$ on Jon and Dany split when she tries to execute Tyrion and Jon dies putting rhe mad queen down leaving Tyrion or maybe Sansa to rule (or both together). Seems like the bitter, happy ending appropriate for the show....though Bran is the x Factor if they decide to really go crazy.

I really hope they don't go with Bran. His involvement in the show once he gave out the Jon parentage info has been mostly bait for the Night King and disappearing during anything important. His character is the biggest example of the show not knowing how to deal with the supernatural stuff from the books.

Speaking of which, I was thinking last night that unless they somehow revisit what happened when Jon died and was brought back it's very lazy writing. They've brought it up at least twice this season only to have Jon basically give a "what are ya gonna do?" shrug and move on. Berrick, The Mountain, in the books Cat, and probably others I'm forgetting are also brought back from death: but with consequences. Berrick is only left alive as long as the Lord of Light has use for him...as with Melisandre. The Mountain and Cat Stark are basically no longer human.

Yet Jon gets brought back and outside of some scars apparently is completely normal. No consequences? Can he still have kids? Is his lifespan normal or is the Lord of Light using him until no longer needed? OR, did you just need an easy way to bring back an important character that Martin killed off so now we should forget it? Unexplained magic for the sake of convenience is probably the worst crime in a fantasy setting.