Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The most entertaining part of MLB ?...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm Braves centric, but feel free to think broader.

The most entertaining part of MLB ?... 20 votes

Pitching.
25%
donmBig_PruneWCDawgvolatilisCTDawg 5 votes
Hitting.
40%
AndersonDawgefreeman3coastaldawgmantis_toboggan69brady01deutcshland_dawgPapaSanfordIwantMekhail 8 votes
Defense.
10%
christopherulesCentral_FL_BullDawg 2 votes
Beer.
25%
BigDawgBrinkSWGADAWGMuffingodHornedDawgsPikecountydawg 5 votes
The crowd.
0%

Comments

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Beer.

It’s tough to beat cold beer at a ball park in the summer

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Pitching.

By definition, good pitching beats good hitting.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Can I say I love it all?

Love watching someone like Jacob deGrom just dominate some team and get out in 2 hours.

Also love a methodical working of the count to manufacture a four run inning

Love watching some great glove work

Also love nachos and cold beer on a warm summer day

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hitting.

Voted hitting as most entertaining, would vote pitching as most important.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Pitching.

Donm. A .300 hitter vs a 3.00 ERA pitcher, it's not really a fair fight. Soroka is my kind of pitcher too. He never throws it straight and flat.

Pitching.

Kasay. The year Chipper had a rib cage injury and changed his approach to make more consistent contact without swinging too hard was a thing of beauty. His plate coverage was like Maddux's approach to pitching, he was methodical. He also hit close to .370. What doesn't do much for me is just swinging hard and hope to make contact.

• Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Pitching.

What about watching the Braves bullpen to see if they hold on?

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019
    Pitching.

To me, pitching and defense go hand in hand. Nothing better to me than a pitcher's duel. Also, I'll say I'm not for the DH. In fact, if you're gonna DH, do it for every position not just pitcher if you so choose. Change baseball all together if you're gonna tinker.

Pitching.

volatilis. When Bobby was running the show and we had a staff with experience, smarts and great control I almost laughed at times at how well Bobby positioned fielders to the point they often barely moved to snag a ground ball or fly. That control/positioning and his own superb defense was a huge part of Mad Dog's success.

Pitching.

Big_Prune, you must love danger.

Pitching.

Walk off home run is pretty entertaining, too.

edited May 2019
    Pitching.

volatilis. If FF waited to swing just a split second longer on a lot of pitches he could be a great power hitter. He has everything else, natural power and a great swing. He's just a whisker out front on many balls that he could crank out of the park if he let them get into his power zone.

Pitching.

With Austin in the lineup now, the Braves have a pretty good hitting team. Maybe in the top 5 in both leagues.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I credit Schuerholz with the vastly improved defense that allowed the Braves starters to thrive. The most important “addition” to the organization when Schuerholz came on board was redoing the entire playing surface and not allowing outside events. The stellar starting pitching was what makes the Braves fun to watch.