Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Billionaire Robert F. Smith is paying off the student loans of every 2019 Morehouse grad..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited May 2019 in Off Topic

Sorry, I know this is ridiculously off topic. To my thinking this is a great example for other billionaires though. What a leg up for people coming into the work place to not be saddled to a huge debt before having a chance to establish themselves. I have nieces and nephews who would have greatly benefitted from having a benefactor like Smith.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very nice and it’s nice too see old school philanthropy from the wealthy.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I think the Donald is doing the same for all the grads of Trump University

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His wife is smoking hot. I need a few billion...

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wasted money.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

He should be free to do this and it is a very generous and kind act.

One thing does bother me though. I left college debt free because of working a couple of jobs and living with parents. I didn’t want the debt hanging over my head. I graduated with a couple of guys that were awful with money and had about 40-60k in student loans when we graduated. They didn’t pay for much school while in and partied pretty hard (not saying everyone does). If someone did it the “right” way and sacrificed all that time and discipline paying for school I’d have a bit of an empty feeling at that point that everyone was turned into “equals”. It would be more “fair” (since that’s what he’s trying to accomplish) for him to give the average owed amount to everyone.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Kasey. ''Brokeahontas'' AKA Senator Elisabeth Warren went to George Washington University then got her law degree from Rutgers. Being she was a bankruptcy lawyer it seems likely she ran into Trump more than a few times since his specialty ( other than fraud) is going bankrupt to dodge his bills.

regardless if you like her she did pretty much lie pretty boldly. It wasn’t really misinterpreted.

Actually Warren annoys me and she's too liberal to get my vote for POTUS. That said, a harmless white lie vs Trump's literally thousands of brazen lies, many of them regarding important matters.

“Literally thousands”.

I don’t love the man but why are her lies “white”? Honestly.

''Lies'' other than the claim to be part native American what lies has she told ?

Yes, Trump has literally told thousands of public lies since being elected. There is an actual count that was north of 6000 the last I saw.

Like him or not, Trump is a pathological liar.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

hey @WCDawg

brokeahontas is my new name for Trump after those tax returns came back

Oh, sorry I missed that Kasey. I recall reading that now.