Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Don’t Move the Cocktail Party

13»

Comments

• Options
    SonnyjSonnyj Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Good for you! Probably wise. I have found that one drink with a good meal completes the evening and sharpens the insight. May be an experience thing. And let me apologize for adding a letter to your “handle”. Cannot imagine why anyone would add an “s” when addressing you. Have a good evening and Go Dawgs!

• Options

Forgot to answer your question. His selective use of stats. Said 37% for J’ville. Actually was 65% for some combo of J’ville. Only 35% for home and home. And mischaracterized Kirby’s comments. It was subtle and a bit difficult to recognize if one was not reading critically.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The one most viable point is that staying in Jacksonville every year, it does affect the Early Signing Day recruiting. Both teams basically have to take a week off at a very critical time. Well, kinda, or maybe and by saying maybe, it's like saying I don't know, so why not just say "I don't know" to begin with?

I still vote KEEP IN JACKSONVILLE!

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, if we didn’t lose that weekend we might get the #1 or #2 class.

• Options

The early signing day is a wildcard that causes some pause. But we are guaranteed a prime time TV slot, national exposure. And Kirby is recruiting nationally so it exposes UGA to folks who might not otherwise see the Dawgs. Only 4 teams...UGA, Fla, Tx and OU...can claim that sort of event. Plus, I like beating the Gators in their home state.

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get that Kirby misses a chance to host recruites but, to the ones that really want to be DAWGS this game should sell it’s self.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You missed the memo the state line has moved the last 3 years. It’s now Jacksonville, GA

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

If it gets moved to a home and home we all better be packing heat to “protect ourselves from the locals” in Gainesville.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They can’t afford to make the trip no worries.

I vote move it because that’s what I feel Kirby wants. Home and Home. As the brand grows more nationally, many of these national targets won’t truly know how deep the GA/fl rivalry runs. We can’t fly them into jville for that game. Better for local biz, better for recruiting, Better for egos when we whoop their ass in their home. I’m for it...

that said this will be my 4th straight to jville, and it’s a great time.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to hurt anyone’s feelings on this, but Snoop has less inside info than you. He has a few people completey snowed.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    edited June 2019

Yea feels like most of his stuff is just recycled Rusty dawg treats

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My brother owns a restaurant there. Pi, it is in the old downtown part of the island.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Didn’t read everything that was posted but I guess I’m neutral. It was cool when I was younger and wish to do it again with my family, but my kids are young and it’s **** expensive to go now. Haven’t been in a hot minute.

Honest opinion is do whatever we got to do to win a ship. If it’s what’s needed to continue this recruiting roll than do it. So **** tired each year thinking it’s the year. I am on board with whatever kang Kirby thinks is best to make it over the hump

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I live in yulee many years ago. The main highway leading to the island used to be just pine trees. It is crazy how much it has developed. But, I do agree with your point. While I was in yulee is when I became a dawg.