Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dallas Keuchel to The Braves...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited June 2019 in General

At least that is being reported. I'd prefer we signed Kimbrel but this could make the team better.

Comments

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll take 75% of 2015 Keuchel over just about anybody else we could have picked up. I thought Kimbrel represented win-mode but this works too

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’d have to pitch poorly to not be an upgrade over Gausman

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we get 130 innings and a sub 3.50 ERA the rest of the season he'll be a big plus.

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hope he replaces Gausma in the rotation.

LD10. Other than Soroka and Julio the rotation is pitching very poorly now. Keuchel could replace Folty or Gausman and help the team.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Multiple reports of an agreement for one year at $13 million. Hopefully it won’t take him too long to round into form.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah this was a great move

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not against the move but things like this make me so nervous. He is 31 and has missed spring training and 1/4 of the season. That’s not exactly a recipe for being good immediately. There’s a chance he doesn’t get his legs under him until the half way point.

Hoping he needs 2 starts in AAA and he comes up and is instantly solid. Adding a very legit Number 2 starter is a huge boom if that’s who he is. @GeorgiaGirl how do you think he will perform.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great signing. It's much easier to trade for bullpen help than legitimate starting rotation help. Soroka and Fried are on innings limit this year, Julio has a 4.36 FIP so he's bound for some serious regression, Gausman actually has a 4.02 FIP so he should improve, and Folty has been God awful. We'll likely implement some sort of 6 man rotation to keep the innings down for the young kids. I'd still like to see us make another move for the rotation once that market develops, likely Stroman from Toronto or MadBum. MadBum would fit like a glove IMO.

edited June 2019

BoroDawg. It's not easy to find a reliable closer though. I would have preferred Kimbrel, but it is as it is. Also I'd take the 2016 Madison Bumgarner over all but 1 other starter, but he's not that pitcher anymore. I lived 20 miles from where Bum played HS ball and got to see him in a tourney around 2007. He was obviously special even then.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Him not seeing live game experience might hurt him, or it might have helped him with rest for his arm. Best case is probably he comes in with a chip on his shoulder about how FAgency went and pitches to what he did in 2017 which was a 2.9 ERA. Most likely case is he pitches to a 3.5-3.8 ERA.

My hope is a 3.50 or lower ERA and well over 100 innings, but that might be optimistic. If we're paying him 13 million this season it's probably for a bit over half the schedule as far as being productive. So let's call it 24 million for a season.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

U think Fried is pitching poorly rite now??? Dude HAS to be our best arm rite now behind Soroka.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Max Wright should get his chance to earn a rotation spot down the stretch.

MacDawg. You might have lost track a bit. Julio pitched 6 innings of 2 hit shutout ball today. His May ERA was 0.98 and his June ERA is now 0.00. He has given up just 3 runs total over his past 6 starts.

Fried had a 4.11 ERA for May, he has an 11.25 ERA so far in June and he's given up 18 runs over his last 7 starts.