Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Kitchen Klutzes Of America Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With respect to all of those who have contributed mightily to this forum in terms of cooking do's and don'ts, recipes and just good food information, today is a day to celebrate the rest of us...those who might be termed kitchen klutzes. I quote:

"these are the people who set out with the intentions of Paula Dean or Julia Child as the open up the cookbook. Setting out the mixing bowl and ingredients, they imagine knife cuts as swift as Wolfgang Puck or Bobby Flay. However, reality quickly dissolves all those dreams as smoke billows from the oven and salt is mistaken for sugar. Those knife cuts become bloody, and cookies and fingers are burnt. The Kitchen Klutz has struck, and visions of spilled milk are pitifully cried over. 

It may be necessary to keep a first aid kit and fire extinguisher handy when Kitchen Klutzes are around. Be ready to call 911 and your favorite take out if you’re still hungry".

If you have any stories about your ineffectiveness in the kitchen, cooking disasters or mis-steps, feel free to share today. And, maybe plan on eating out today.

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you @donm for making me laugh. The only thing I'm a klutz in the kitchen is with knives. Somehow no matter how careful I am with them, I get cut.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@donm Most all of us so called "good cooks" have had our far share of "klutz" moments. I remember cooking a turkey once and rinsed it, pulled the neck out and thought "hey" I got this. Forgot to fully clean out the cavity and yes I stuffed it. Surprised me and the guest when we pulled the cooked stuffing out to put in a bowl only to find the gizzard pouch I missed. I've made sure I check ever one since.....

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This one makes me feel good, finally some recognition for my ''special'' gift.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

When I was 15 I burned the bottom of my mom's nice frying pan making a grilled cheese bc I thought the stovetop needed to be on 10 to get the pan hot enough

she was not happy