Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nic Claxton to the NBA...Rodney Howard to UGA..

Comments

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Howard just popped to Georgia. Good get, but like I said he feels like to me a lot like freshman Claxton in that year two will be his big contributing year (hopefully, instead of the Claxton situation, year two will be his big year but he even stays for a third year and it's with good teams).

I'm curious how he got released from his LOI though. That's interesting, Kermit Davis is new.

• njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

From Rivals;

"When I went to campus on Sunday, Coach Crean showed me the whole campus because I had never seen it,” Howard told Rivals.com. “He broke down my film for like three hours. My mom wanted me to go to Georgia Tech after Saturday’s visit and I thought I was settled on Georgia Tech, but she wanted me to go up to Athens to see it to be sure. After we met with Coach Crean, she didn’t expect so much out of it and she just said she was fine either way I go. She really liked that visit. It was the way he broke everything down about my game and his plan for me that sold me on Georgia.”

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Crean is obviously an amazing recruiter. Not only because of the class he has assembled, but he had Howard ready to go as soon as the Claxton news came down. We beat GA Tech for Howard, and they are added to the growing list of schools who our 2019 class turned down to come to Athens. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen this happen before. This is going to be fun.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We aren't done yet....expect another announcement soon....grad transfer Big Man to complete the roster

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good call superdawg! Spot on!

• manichmanich Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dawgnation.

The "Antman" has arrived in The Classic City. The future is here!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Claxton just got invited to the green room for the draft tomorrow which means he's more than likely going in the first round and probably top 20.

Anyone still think he should've come back?

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Claxton has crept up mocks that I've been seeing. Have seen several this week having him as one the biggest risers and looking somewhere like 18-24.
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

He may be at the end of the bench, and, if so, I think it might have been better served if he’d stayed another year and been drafted higher/more $$$ ?

Hes probably going top 20 and wind up on a team where he can play. I don't know if he could've gone any higher with another year

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Hawks take Claxton with the 17th pick, might not get much out of him next year but he could be a useful addition eventually with his size and versatility.

• YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Im glad yall found this thread because I was sure looking. A couple of mock drafts I've seen Claxton isn't on the first round at all. It might be be bad. I hope not, 

it's not...he will be in the green room tomorrow. if he was going to slip out of the first round he wouldn't be there

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I looked today too and couldn’t find Nic in the first round. Let’s hope the prognosticators are wrong!

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont, but I sure would have liked to have him one more year. But that is just me being selfish.

Most of the mocks have him between 20 and 30, late first round, early second. That’s a win for both Claxton and the Dawgs. I wish Claxton had stayed, but I’m excited to have another Dawg in the NBA and going so high in the draft. Here’s a nice write up on the CBS site. 
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guess I was thinking he'd improved so much under Crean in this past year that another year of that kind of tutoring would help him develop a game that would be more suitable for the NBA. I could, of course, be totally wrong on it.