Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Just did a mock to get best guess on attrition, came up with 25, so I would subtract 1 TE spot.  If I hear directly I’ll share.
  • IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Db spot maybe?
    I would take from TE.  Based on who’s on the board as best available and productivity from the position.

Highly doubtful less will be taken on defensive side of ball.  DL needs 5.  LBs need 2.  DB needs 3.
  • IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The real question is did u put Arik as the one TE in ur mock?
  • dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With how much we actually throw to TEs and throw in general I always had a tough time seeing 3 WR & 2 TEs in this class. I'd love to have Arik Gilbert, but it's not like we would change our entire offense for him.

• icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg Would it be beneficial to forget a third WR and allow the position flex of TE/WR fit Gilbert? This way the one TE spot can be Washington/Johnson!

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we add:

Arik Gilbert, Kendall Milton, Ringo, Rosemy, Walker, Ojulari, Whitehead and Raym then that puts us at a class composite of 307 with 20 recruits

We are on good pace to hit a minimum composite of 310 and a ceiling of 330

• NCDawg4NCDawg4 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    @PharmDawg2054 from what I’ve seen here the last few weeks Ojulari and Whitehead have not been considered to be in this class, better options higher on staff’s board with mutual interest in UGA
  • NCDawg4NCDawg4 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    @SoFL_Dawg do you still expect attrition of a currently committed DL to free up another space or has that ship sailed for now and we keep all we have at this point?
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FWIW Taking account of projected early draftees and transfers projected I have 27 scholarships opening up for 2020. Positional needs to fill those are QB 1; RB 2: OL 5; TE 2; WR 4 for a total offense of 14. This has Tongue as a TE but if he is a WR it would make it TE 3 and WR 3. On defense I project the needs as DL/OLB 6; ILB 2; DB 4 for a total of 12. Adding 1 to replace Rod that gives a total of 27.

Given that we have only 23 available 2020 signees I see possibly adding 1 blue shirt and Nadab to leave us with 83 scholarships going into the 2020 season. The 2 spots unfilled would be TE based on youth at the position (all underclassmen) and ILB (signed 3 in 2019).

@icecolddawg. Staff could do that but they really want a speed WR as well.  It’s just about who they’ll prioritize based on needs.  Slot WR has historically been more productive than TE. TE are used to block more so that will be considered as well.  If Goede proves he’s healthy and on track, I could see getting by with 1 if number stays at < 24.

@Denmen185 has full class possibility projected so we’ll see.
    @NCDawg4

Yes they’ll be changes on DL but I have the position filled.  The people change, the number stays at 5.  Not a lot of wiggle room to take less than that based on those exhausting eligibility.
  • NC_DawgNC_Dawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Yeah that dawg fan fighting with Chris Milton on Twitter is the worst 
    Embarrassing.  Read that last night.
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I have 23 in this class but add Nadab (2018) and 1 Blue Shirt (2021). Reminder to all a Blue Shirt will not send in a LOI and wait to enroll at start of fall practice (or pay their own way until then). They also cannot have had an off campus meeting with the coaches nor taken an official visit to Athens (unofficial is allowed). As far as I know, Zirkel would meet these requirements ATM.

My bad.  Doubtful on blue shirt (our targets are too talented and sought after for that).  Doubtful on Nadab, hearing bama this week and they were his first choice.

We’ll see if anyone exits program via transfer after fall camp.  That’ll offer some flexibility.
    Not this one @AugDawg69.  He’s a alum and former hospital CEO.  Can’t buy class though even though he was talking to the father.  Compared him to Lonzo Balls dad.
This discussion has been closed.