Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Chocolate Pudding Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have you ever met anyone who didn't love chocolate pudding? Still, today, I love that stuff. Treat yourself to some of this tasty item ASAP.

It's also National Coconut Day. Any of you 5* chefs use coconut in any o your dishes. I think of coconut pie cream pie when the word coconut comes up, but also favor coconut fruit-sickles a lot.

Finally, again for you 5* chefs, it is National Parchment Day. Do any of you use cooking parchment to create some of your favorite dishes. I don't think I've ever eaten anything cooked in parchment but is allegedly a big deal in French cooking.

Got to go find some pudding.

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    I know I’m weird but I hate all things coconut. Coconut oil is about the only thing I can handle and barely
  • Options

I'm known to be pretty weird myself, at least among truthful people. But I love almost everything coconut.

Hmm.

• Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you're weird @Kasey so am I, can't stand coconut. Although I went to Thailand and had some coconut milk and that was actually pretty good. Doesn't taste anything like suntan lotion like all other coconut does to me.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    It’s the texture I can’t handle. Then coconut water tastes like pee to me
  • Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chocolate Pudding and Coconut. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

• Options

Were you stranded in the desert and had to drink pee to survive. How do you know it's taste? Asking for a friend.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I'm not a coconut fan either. I haven't had chocolate pudding in years but I have some Banana pudding in the fridge right now.

I'd never made a non boxed pudding from scratch before with egg yolks, milk, flour, and sugar

. Not that difficult though you have to be careful and stir constantly unless you want some sweetened scrambled eggs.

My one tactical error was not using real Nabisco "Nilla" wafers. I picked up some Whole Foods Vanilla Wafers and the texture isn't quite the same but still good.

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your gator meat?