Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Good "bad" movies

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited June 2019 in Off Topic

I watched School Ties the other night. It's on Amazon Prime. I barely remember watching it ages ago and I have to say it was entertaining. Not good but entertaining. Brendan Fraser, lots of WASPy douches, Early Matt Damon, even a bit of Affleck and tons of "that guy" actors. Young Amy Locane.

Let's hear some movies you enjoy regardless of quality...bonus points if they can be streamed easily(Netflix/Amazon).

I ride for Suicide Kings. Also stumbled across All The Right Moves again recently.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

First of all..School Ties is amazing

But my vote is for Purple Rain

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think I've ever watched Purple Rain. My slightly older cousin was big into Prince(and even more Rick Springfield lol) so I remember hearing about it when it came out.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually speaking of bad Brendan Fraser movies I remember liking I should try to watch the one with Liz Hurley again, Bedazzled or something like that.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Room is a cinematic masterpiece
  • SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    School Ties is a great movie. Go Jews!

All the Fast and Furious movies are objectively terrible, but highly entertaining. Tokyo Drift is underrated.
  • HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hot Rod is one of my favorite movies. I used to be able to quote the whole thing. Still laugh every time I see it 
  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The Room with Tommy Wisseua is a must watch
  • ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Starship troopers
  • greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Wedding Crashers, Old School and Semi-Pro are all three good movies that offer no redeeming value to cinema history or society in general other than being funny as *%#+. 
  • TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Deuce Bigelow 
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just about every Chuck Norris movie.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some movies listed are not bad, Office Space for one is very good.

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Ya know i really love watching armageddon. It's garbage honestly, but i really like willis and afflec. Buscemi is a huge personal favorite. Love the supporting cast. I personally find liv tyler gorgeous, and if i forget about quality it's fun. 
  • ddsnyderugaddsnyderuga Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior
    The Replacements.  Watch it every time I see that it is on and my wife hates it 
  • NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Ben afflec in the Batman movies. Short circuit movie from the late 80’s jean Claude van damne movies. 
  • LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Ladies Man
    Varsity Blues