Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NBA free agency start tonight at 6

2»

Comments

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hawks are accumulating some interesting assets. Next two years will be big to position them as a destination, a la Brooklyn this year, when there's another flood of big names. Young, Huerter, Collins, and Hunter is the best young core in the East.

This year they should take a step forward and be around the 8th seed all season.

Tier 1:

(1)Toronto,(2) Milwaukee, (3) Philly

Tier 2:

(4) Boston, (5)Indiana,

Tier 3:

(6) Brooklyn, (7) Miami

Tier 4:

Orland/Detroit/ATL

Magic and Pistons can be beat.

Tier 5:

DC, NYK, CLE, CHI, CHA

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Hawks did a lot to address their awful defense in this year's draft. The 3 players chosen also add excellent 3 pt set shot potential with Hunter and maybe Reddish, solid rebounding from Fernando and good positional rebounding from Hunter, Reddish is a mystery to me. All 3 have athleticism and potential to become pretty versatile offensively. I think The Hawks are a season away from being a playoff team.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    i wonder if the hawks could try and steal a guy like Demarcus Cousins. seems like a lot of teams are telling him no, so his price will for sure go down.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Cousins has had a serious Achilles injury that might or might not be a long term issue. He also has a torn quadricep. I think it's too early in the team's development to sign older free agents anyway. We'll have a better idea what is needed in the next couple of years.

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Cousins is gonna take another one year prove it deal for a contender better suited to his strengths. This year was about shifting perception that he's a team killer, next year will be about proving he can be a legit second or or third option. If he can get back to a 20+PPG guy then I think he gets the long term deal. I wouldn't mind seeing him in ATL. I think the Hawks time is coming soon to make a splash.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @WCDawg and @donm, yeah you guys caught what I meant. I think a Kyrie lead Brooklyn team next season should make the playoffs in the East, maybe a 6-7 seed.  That should have that pick convey to the Hawks I would guess somewhere in the #17-18 range.
  • Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    They have scrubs in the NBA? 🤔🤔🤔 I should've applied a long time ago!!! 😂😂😂
  • Options

I said scrub, not shrub.

• Options

Kawhi to The Clippers. I'm not one to say I told you so, but read the 3rd post in this thread...😎