Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe based on info available today, Walker goes to fu or the barn. It’s not going to always work out that we can slow play a kid and still come back in and sweep them off their feet.

Burch said it best, “I want to go somewhere that I feel like a priority, not just another option.” I think many feel that way and there’s a few who obviously know they’re another option.

• Options
    jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

understood also, I think green-warren is a better athlete and Alford is a better option at safety to fill in for that jr reed type of player spot

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SoFl

Great stuff as always on Walker.

• Options
    jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019

What are the back up plans on missing these top athletes and what’s the back up plan to them. If we need one

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Commits and Targets: My class in italics

QB (1) - Beck

RB (2) - Milton, Lloyd, Chaney, Bisgby, McClellan

WR (4) - Rosemy, Robinson, Wren, Burton, Smith, Baker

TE (2) - Gilbert, Washington, Johnson, Large, Carr

OL (4) - Jones, Ratledge, Braun, Van Pran, Lindberg, Johnson Jr, Rogers

DL (5) - Burch, Dexter, Smith, Carter, Cowan, Stackhouse, Brinson, Burroughs, Walker, Rogers

OLB (1) - Sherman, Harris, Ojulari (Harris could be late addition as 2021 class member)

ILB (1) - Sewell, Flowe, Another OL

DB (4) - Ringo, Kimber, Williams, Thompson, Green-Warren, Manning, McGlothern

K (1) - Zirkel not in my 2020 class but first signee for 2021 August

That's my take on where we stand and where we are going. I am sure there are many others with differing views and I will not hit 100% (nor likely will they).

Edited for @SoFL_Dawg comments below.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What’s the best guess for date of next commitment?

• Options

Alford is interesting but I’m not seeing it on Green-Warren. I don’t think he’s good enough for a Kirby defense to see playing time. Reminds me of some who came in the 17 class.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg Thanks for input and I have edited the original to reflect. Cowan is actually in my class but the copy I saved had one missing at a page break. I thought I had Walker when in fact I had Cowan. You would have thought by now I would know not to rely on my memory. 😂

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 What has you thinking we are taking 4 DBs, ( 2 Safety types ) in this class ?

When the most recent talk has up potentially only going with 2 DBs, both Corners and potentially a 3rd DB at safety is the right were to flip (Av Williams / B Branch).

I didnt list Thompson as he is commiting end of month i believe and if he doesbt come to campus end of month, Texas has all but locked him up.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg J Baker and Branch, both GA Bama commits who Bama targeted early, what percentage if you had to would you mark on both as a flip candidate ?

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

what is the staffs plan on OLB attrition?

After 2020 season everyone but Nolan Smith could be gone.

From what I can tell Sewell & Sherman are hybrid LBs and could help fill depth issues at both LB positions, but I see a scenario where we lose 5-6 OLBs (Anderson/Cox/Grant/Beal/Johnson/Ojulari) after the 2020 season alone as well as 3-4 ILBs (Rice/Tindall/Walker/McBride), and I think we aren't targeting any true 3-4 OLBs in the 2020 class (Donnell Harris is still a wait-and-see on if he can reclassify).

You don't want to have to get 10 LBs in one class, and that is my question, why aren't we taking more LBs in this class in order to offset how many we will need to get in 2021?

• Options

Less than 25% on both. I think on Branch, he was offered after Warren got here and got situated. That’s a situation where Warren can say, I’m not the previous guy, I want you and stay home and maybe he does. Still think Williams is the guy here especially if he decides to not play the recruiting game past Oct. If he flips early enough the spot is his. Perfect replacement for LeCounte imo.

I think Baker is a young man who recognizes we slow played him and will not give us a true look. I think he’s good, but not any better than Rosemy or Robinson. His speed isn’t great but he gets open, period. Great camp showing during 1v1. Faded a bit on 7v7.

• Options

@dgd829 This was my post from yesterday. While you are technically correct I don't see Beal, Anderson, Cox., Ojulari, Walker and Reese all (6) leaving before they have exhausted their eligibility. That would be unheard of as only 2-3 can even be starters. R Davis and M Sherman will also still be here.

• Options
    VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMHO, the rundown on defense was the most impressive thing I saw. Does anyone know at which classification his high school plays? It was rare in this film for anyone to be anywhere near his talent level.

This discussion has been closed.