Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You must of just seen it in the Auburn replay.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That I did sir. The wins over FU and the barn we're on back to back.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree in part but would point out that even though Burch would add 15 points to UGA tally he would add less than 9 points to Clemson. His actual score shows around +30 but the other players scores get diluted and as you add commits it becomes harder to improve your score. the difference in having 25 v 23 recruits really has minimal impact on the total score. At that class level quality carries more weight than 1 or 2 extra. I feel UGA closes the gap quickly but will need 5-6 more top 50 recruits to be a serious challenger. Obviously that is very possible and would improve the average score whereas adding players outside of the top 150 will not increase the average nor will it seriously reduce the score gap.

At the end of the day the #1 class is 95% Quality, 5% quantity.

• Options
    PanicSpringTour02PanicSpringTour02 Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Burch confirmed for Clemson's cookout

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not intending this to come across as disparaging the guy but what's the deal with all these moves? He's essentially changed HS programs on a yearly basis, correct? Extremely talented but I question whether he's a portal risk after year one.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Might of hit the nail on the head, as far as giving the staff pause here

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where are you guys seeing this? This is what I see:

• “247Sports reported earlier this month that Burch would likely return to Clemson for the first time since January at the end of this month. Well it's the end of the month, and the Cookout presents the ideal opportunity to get him and his mother back on campus. Over the weekend, I learned that neither Georiga or South Carolina (or Alabama) is expecting him on campus this weekend. Georgia is hosting a recruiting event on Saturday, while South Carolina isn't doing anything formal at all. All signs point to Clemson finally re-emerging as the visit destination. I wrote earlier this month that I don't have any intention of changing my Clemson Crystal Ball unless something changes course. I don't mean that to imply that Clemson is the runaway favorite right now, but there's no sense in changing my Crystal Ball based on the present information available, which continues to be limited.“

Thats not not exactly a confirmation in my opinion.

• Options

@ClemTown , you got anything more concrete?

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welp. That stinks

• Options

Again, where are y’all seeing this, twitter? I see the Flowe stuff, but that’s no surprise.

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I bet he visits his house this weekend tbh

• Options
    GeauxDawgsSicEmGeauxDawgsSicEm Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah. I've either read it here or elsewhere, but when a player jumps schools like this, it's speculated that they need the transfers for grades. IIRC, the NCAA is looking into limiting the number of HS transfers a player can make for this very reason, as it seems to be a bit of a loophole at the moment.

Idk if that makes him so much a portal risk, but more of an academic qualification risk...

... either way, as has been stated, there's a reason staff has cooled the jets on Burton.

This discussion has been closed.