Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Texas vs Iowa St last night

Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Feel bad for Jacob Park at ISU. They kept the game close but poor guys just don't have any athletes to get the ball to. Also, Toneil Carter got in the game around the second quarter and had a receiving TD in the game but it definitely looks like Kirby held onto the right RB for the '17 class. Swift looks better in every aspect of the game but I can't help but feel bad about the whole Toneil situation.

I remember the story line about all the HC hires last year was Kirby being compared to Tom Herman and all that jazz but it looks like McGarity held onto the right HC as well. Lol. UGA wins all around. Happy Friday, one day closer to Gameday!

Comments

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll always root for Toneil. It will take a while, but I think Texas will rise again and he will be apart of that

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

We cant say too much yet, I mean look how UGA looked last year. We lost at home to a Vandy, and also almost lost to Nicholls at home. Tom Herman will have Texas back to elite status sooner then we think

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cliffhanger said:
    We cant say too much yet, I mean look how UGA looked last year. We lost at home to a Vandy, and also almost lost to Nicholls at home. Tom Herman will have Texas back to elite status sooner then we think

Agreed, but you know at the end of the day, the boosters have the final word.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cliffhanger I get that but losing to Vandy is different than losing to Kansas... and UGA is showing clear improvement in year 2. So for now, I'll give Kirby a better grade

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Acrum21 said:
    @cliffhanger I get that but losing to Vandy is different than losing to Kansas... and UGA is showing clear improvement in year 2. So for now, I'll give Kirby a better grade

Yea but almost losing to Nicholls State looks worse then almost losing to Iowa State. I agree ill give CKS the better grade as of right now, but its to early to tell with TH. Like CKS said not all of the players had bought in last year and practiced and played like he wanted. Im sure TH is having the same problem. There is always a drastic increase from Year 1 to Year 2 under a new HC

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched most of that game and yes, I'll always pull for Carter. I remember when we recruited Park, I had a lot of hope for that kid. You just never know for sure what you're getting in a HS player, but CKS and staff have aced it thus far. I wouldn't give up hope on Crumpton just yet.

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Iowa State actually has a pretty decent receiving core including probably a top 3 round draft pick, a good running back. Park just couldn't get it done.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Park wasn't very accurate

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I watched most of this game....When I see QBs like Park I am thankful for what we have. BTW was he a scholarship athlete at Georgia?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg said:
    I watched most of this game....When I see QBs like Park I am thankful for what we have. BTW was he a scholarship athlete at Georgia?

yes and highly rated - 4* I think - coming out of HS.

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@BoulderDawg said:

yes and highly rated - 4* I think - coming out of HS.

4 star dual threat qb out of South Carolina. Was the South Carolina HS player of the year. Beat out the **** for his commitment.