Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What percent chance do you guys give us with Sewell? Is there a backup plan?

• MrTyMrTy Posts: 119 ✭✭✭ Junior

Creamsicles all excited about the foggy CB on Arik.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was at a sponsor event a few months ago and I had a rare opportunity to speak one on one with our beloved Jeff Sentell. I asked him about Arik. He seemed really excited talking about this kid. More so than normal. Jeff also said what he loved about Arik was how polished he was, he's fluid, he's a great route runner and he's extremely athletic. I kept trying to shift the conversation to talk about another TE but Jeff kept going back to Gilbert. Don't sleep on Gilbert's talent level. I know a lot of people disagree, but I think the hometown pull matters for Arik. In the end, I see Gilbert as a Dawg. Not sure on the other TE though.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can read between the lines here and tell where we are on Gilbert's recruitment. Very good post here sir.

• NoahSewellFanClubNoahSewellFanClub Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been saying it for a while, I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if Arik ends up at UTjr playing WR. I'm a lot less convinced he ends up a dawg than everyone else it seems. Throughout his process and interviews it has never seemed to me that he would be a willing/able blocker. Of course that can change, but it just doesn't seem that he wants to do it.

• TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg next time I want to post it’ll just quote you and add a x2 to all of that

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nevermind Mr. Sentell I figured it out. Avantae Williams. I really like him. I like his story doing it for his daughter that’s a signal he’s going to go that much harder for his respected program. I also like X. Alford at the same pace

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Me too but I fear the pull of Gainesville due to proximity to family/grandparents will be too strong to beat.

Is he from the Gainesville area cuz they way uf is looking he might consider Miami or even maybe Tallahassee

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's from Deland which is Daytona area. FSU is about 4 hours, Miami 4 hours, Gainesville 2 hours and Athens 7 hours.

im not a father but either way wouldn’t he be missing time with his daughter wherever he goes? Georgia obviously serves its purpose of being a better option and getting him where he really wants and needs to be and that’s the nfl and with a education

This discussion has been closed.