Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably doesn’t have anything to do with us unless it’s something we don’t know about. Got in too late here.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

As it stands right now, he’ll be a 4-6 rd pick this year in my opinion. His Junior year should be his best one yet. Kirby has been pushing him for this. At the end of the day though I don’t see him getting that second contract, and it’s all because of his size. He has had trouble picking up the playbook, tackling in space, staying disciplined, and his size does him no favors once he fixes all of the above. He will make a roster in his first year in the NFL, but after that it’s gonna be a real struggle. I don’t want to bash a DGD, and sit here and just continue to roast a kid, but I’m not going to just say he’s the best safety prospect and blow sunshine up his a$$. Richie has a real chance of riding the bench this year OR playing himself into a Day 2 pick.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe you are right.

I feel confident in my assessment but I've certainly been wrong before.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Realistically anyone we are looking at is an elite athlete. The guys playing on Sunday are freaks.

@Teddy it wont let me quote your post

Richie is a gambler back there. He will get burned more times than not. Too often last year when he would have a chance to come up and make a tackle, he would miss bc of poor technique. Lewis Cine/Otis Reese are going to be ready to replace him should these blunders continue.

In an effort to get this thread back on track I ask this simple question. If the composite scores for Williams & Conley were flipped who would you rather have?

UGA has been known to develop lower rated guys, and especially Kirby when it comes to DBs. I for one am hoping we move on from Williams and focus on somebody with better upside and that is desperate to rock the G.

@Teddy @texdawg

We played a very preventative defense last year and a byproduct of that was the fewest big plays allowed & also a low havoc rate. Of course analytics are going to put anyone on that defense towards the top in terms of "yards per coverage snap". This year Kirby has put an emphasis on Havoc plays, and that will put a ton of pressure on the back 5 to hold up in coverage so that you can send extra guys to rush the passer. ALL my original point was trying to illustrate is that we would be better off getting somebody with the size and mesurables of J.R Reed (Conley) that Richard LeCounte (Williams). Once again I'm not trying to bash LeCounte over and over again. I'll come back to this discussion after he whiffs on a easy tackle/lets a WR run right past him bc he doesn't know his assignment.

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw the nerds got a 4* receiver to block for them. Also I’ve noticed more talk with Z Walker more as of recently. Is he our backup plan to Burch ?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has Arian Smith set a date ?

This guy has big upside at both WR and DB. Great speed, long arms, big hands and a very good closing burst are all transferable tools.

• NoahSewellFanClubNoahSewellFanClub Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to bring it back to this, but I haven't heard anything about this. How sure are we Conley will wait for us? That kid is GOOD, very raw but good. I'd love to bring him in

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Dang. The GIF game on here is getting really good. But I didn't like the girl in the hammock - because for some reason I keep going back to it./s

This discussion has been closed.