Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is Texdawg also TexasSquid

BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1. the use of lists is a PRIME texdawg troupe. Always with the lists this guy
  2. TWO NOUN NAME! Tex-dawg... Texas-squid... spooky (adjective)
  3. the profanity. He may not use it... but my god he wants to. The Wilkerson convos are a must read as he and others are like a fully clogged toilet just waiting to spill the expletives.
  4. I only used 4 because I clicked enter and it led me here. Don't misconstrue this as me not having respect for ol Tex. I like the man and am a fellow Texan myself, but he may be both Dawg and Squid and in turn a secret horn.... @texdawg

Comments

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019
  • JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

Seems like @texdawg made me stop and think for a second. Like he usually does with his quality offerings.

'Twas someting rather simple and trivial about the word "cuss" with this.

Used to hear that term all the time coming up. Hardly ever hear it anymore. Seems that word has lost a lot of its fastball these days.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is rare to know who anyone is out here in the Ether. It is nice when someone is respectful and welcoming of other's opinions. That makes for the best community--even if we don't know the person behind comments.

• BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well defended. We'll let it stand.

Referencing your amount of time on here really tipped the balance. All jokes aside, I really appreciate what you bring to the forum and I couldn't pass on the opportunity to crack on ya a little bit. Go Dawgs, amigo.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alls good my friend.

And I enjoyed the ribbing.

But I have never liked Texas. Especially after the Sugar Bowl - as the other Dawg fans living in the Lone Star state can attest too.

Oh I know how horns fans can be. I had two buddies play for UT under Charlie Strong (Malcolm Brown & Mykkele Thompson) went to a game to see them play wearing my West Texas A&M University Buffaloes shirt because I thought it'd be hilarious and people would think I was an Aggie... it was brutal and kind of awesome. Lol

The fact that WT's colors are also Maroon and White are pivotal to that story.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had forgotten you were from Carroll Co. where I lived for 25 years while I coached/taught at UWG. Even more reason to keep you in high esteem.

edited August 2019

Yep. Carrollton, Whitesburg and Bowden (via Woodland, AL) are my roots

Southwire is the reason we relocated to Texas. Dad was transferred here and we decided to stay.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

More like SquidBilly. I kid, I kid. Tex is ok in my book.

I lived and worked in Carrollton from 1988 into 1992. We lived just a block from the West Georgia campus. When did you leave the area ?

I had no idea you guys are from my neck of the woods. My family roots are in Tuscaloosa but I was raised in Cedartown from age 5. I played against both Carrollton and Central while at Cedartown HS.

73' - my dad graduated from West Georgia in 69'.

But I have been going back to Carroll county a number of times a year since then.

Thar is still where much my family lives. At least those that are still living.

edited August 2019

There are few people whose roots go as far back or are as deep as my Family's in Tuscaloosa Alabama. I don't remember living there though. We moved to Orlando when I was 2 then Tallapoosa Ga from 5 to 6, the rest of my childhood was spent in Cedartown. That is my hometown and Georgia teams will always have my loyalty. Especially UGA being Doc. Ayers coached at CHS before Dooley hired him away, we are The Cedartown Bulldogs right down to the colors and hedges and I got my Bachelors degree from UGA.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WC - if you ever went to a UWG football game or basketball game, I'm sure I've seen you and vice versa. You likely saw some of my runners doing their miles near your house.