Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

100% agree. I think more likely he was told there is no place (if he was told anything). I see 8 spots (assuming Zirkel is 2021) and 15 or more candidates to fill that are better fits. According to @JeffSentell today he would likely not pick UGA as he wants to do his own thing even if there is room.

Edit: I have 9 adds with all but Theo Johnson in the top 50. To get a second TE I had to lose one current commit.

• Options
    ancientdawgancientdawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

Didn't I read earlier that because of his size he wouldn't be able to play Cox's position and it might take 2 years in the weight room and proper diet to achieve the weight and strength needed.

• Options
    grantyowegrantyowe Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

Don’t see BJ’s fit either, Burch or Walker are a better fit.. When is Ringo expected to go public?

• Options
    RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Maybe the staff knows something we don't know about extra space due to transfer portal stuff? Wasn't that rumor floating around earlier today? I'm with @SoFL_Dawg in that I've gone through every mock class on this forum and can't figure out who I'd give up...but if there were extra spots? Man, it'd be good to take another homegrown talent.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we need more OLBs in this class bc the turnover there after this season & after 2020 will be massive. Don’t want to have to break in 4-5 new OLBs in 2021.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Won’t be as much of a factor the breaking in part. Cox didn’t start and had 270+ snaps last year. I’d imagine Nolan and JJ both get 250+ snaps this year.

• Options
    TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2019

DJ U is trying to recruit Gilbert to CU, I like the thought of Washington and Theo. I don’t think Hartley is gonna be able to get Arik to play with Washington. Also he(Gilbert)definitely wants to play WR in college. Think we should wave bye to this ship?

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It bothers me that Arik won’t listen to whats best for him, but he’s making the decision to not be a dawg. The coaches know better than Arik and want to use him the best possible way. He shouldn’t be able to dictate who he plays with and how what position he plays. I’d rather have Washington/Johnson/Large over humid he acts like that. Wish he didn’t because he’s talented but apparently he won’t listen.

• Options
    brogdawgbrogdawg Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why does it bother you that what you think or others or coaches that what’s best for him may not be what he wants? He might be happier playing WR if that’s the case but he’s putting his body on the line and putting in the work to choose what he wants to do. He only gets one shot to go through college why not do what you want?

• Options
    TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m with you, I also get the feeling he wants to see the field right away. He won’t at WR no matter where he goes. Gonna take him a year and a half to lean up and MAYBE get faster.

• Options
    Muxi122Muxi122 Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s unfortunate but im afriaid you’re right. Gilbert IMO will end up at Tenn and will be under utilized until the NFL because if he was wants to get paid he’ll have to play where they say.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg you via staff have a way better idea, than I do of where players are leaning, I just can’t help but think that Beal/AA/JJ could all move on after 2019 for various reasons. Even if they don’t I still think JJ/Grant/Beal/AA/(Cox)/Ojulari will all need to be replaced by the end of 2020. As of right now we’re only taking 1 OLB and that leaves 4-5 OLBs for 2021 cycle, and the only return nolan/Sherman in 2021 with experience.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
This discussion has been closed.