Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    sugarfallssummoresugarfallssummore Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

@NoahSewellFanClub thanks! In addition there’s only one rock and few spots at a position. Really stresses how difficult it can be to decide at the highest level. I kinda laughed when I read that either Noah or Darnell hadn’t watched college football this season before coming out. Reminded me that not everyone is born into this madness. Good for them.

• Options
    HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the top players, I would think, it’s not about wins and loses as much as what’s this coach’s and school’s track record for getting my position in the NFL. N.C. State signed great Dline classes, not because they had a great education or had a winning program but because that coach put kids in the NFL. Nothing else mattered. The Dline coach at N.C. state had a great reputation for putting kids in the league so they went with him.

Why does Scott have such a hard time recruiting the best Dlinemen for Georgia. We have a top 15 school to offer. We have one of the top programs in the country, we play big boy ball in the SEC and we play for championships, but we don’t have a Dline coach who has really put anyone in the NFL yet so he cant recruit the best players to come play for us.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In 2016, UGA wasn’t winning that much and Kirby turned it around.

Their are only 5 active college Head football coaches who have won a Natty at Division 1 and Texas A&M has one of them in Jimbo Fisher.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

sometimes it just takes time for a coach to grow into all aspects of the job. There is no question that Coach Tray Scott was slower than other position coaches at bringing in talent/recruiting for his position group - of course that is partly on Kirby as well. The criticism was initially on point.

However, Defensive Line recruiting has picked up - Jordan Davis two years ago and Travon Walker last year were some talent anchors to propel the momentum.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great insight...and I didn’t mean to completely disregard the factors you mention above. Football aside - some kids are more willing than others to try an entirely different environment in a different part of the country for their college experience while others prefer to still be relatively close to their hometown, family, etc. My assumption (possibly incorrect) is that if a player lists a school in his final 2 that proximity to home has already been deprioritized relative to other factors.

As an aside - I lived outside Houston as a kid and definitely agree with the “cultish” nature of Texans’ devotion for T&AM in that part of the state.

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s good news. Those CBs are bound to change a bunch unfortunately. Wonder if Texas is still gonna be a factor is they keep taking care of business. Hard to think they’re completely out of it

• Options
    NawfDawgNawfDawg Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

I failed to mention that the CBs should not be taken at face value 100% of the time....I just found that particular scenario odd given the latest board info.

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

True - many are way outdated. I think Arik Gilbert is showing 80%+ for UGA which no one believes

lol - thanks for the spellcheck @Muffingod. I’m told April has good hands but needs to work on her route running

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

when is the dam going to break?

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Everyone is worried about A&M, but LSU just got a second CB for Evans.

This discussion has been closed.