Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who will have better stats?

Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't made up my mind on this one yet so I was curious what y'all thought?

Poll is anonymous

Would really like for @swilkerson73 our in house QB talent evaluator to chime in here.

Who will have better stats? 35 votes

Fields
34% 12 votes
Eason
65% 23 votes

Comments

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Fields is gonna have better talent around him which is gonna improve his stats.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would lean to Fields. The system there will help him put up "stats". Look at Haskins's stat line and the dumpster fire he has been for the Skins so far.

I expect Eason to be a step ahead of Fields in the polished QB arena. But systems matter for those stat lines.

• SpikedDawgSpikedDawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I feel Eason will likely do better if we take into account touchdowns and turnovers. Eason has seen some extreme blitzes in the SEC. The PAC-12 doesn't feature as many tough defenses so he may be far more composed than when we last saw him.

Fields, likewise may do well, but the spring game didn't inspire confidence. He still focuses on a single route and runs if it is taken.

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eason has seen more snaps as QB1.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Fields can’t win QB1, it’s a bit of a moot point.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

I got to give it to Eason. He looked way better at UGA then Fields did. I would really like to know how 2017 would have gone if Eason hadn't gotten hurt. Kirby and Chaney kept saying he had made some really good improvements before the injury.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eason, easy.

Has been in his system for a year, and he knows how to read a defense (and pack 12/14 is a little light on defense)

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

what stats in particular are you using? The old school - WC - stats or the new, "advanced" stats, a la Georgia Girl?

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, referencing the article/thread I started on Fields, the first thing Fields has to do is actually WIN the starting gig away from Hoak. So, if that don't happen, Fields stats will be nothing but mop up duty. So...Eason hands down. If Fields does start, gonna be a tough call, but Eason has had more time to learn the playbook with the Huskies. So, I'll say Jacob.

• UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Fields' stats will look better on paper, but I think if coaches watched the games, they will be wishing they had Eason more. Plus, QB2 has better play makers around him.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Is this for ncaa football for Xbox or ps4?