Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Current TV Shows

123457»

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. It's fantastic. Think of a newer Twilight Zone. Each episode is independent of each other. Some good acting and writing. Extremely clever. Most shows seem to run with the theme of some futuristic technology, and how it's not always so great. I think I'm in the middle of 4 of 5 seasons.

Quick disclaimer, some of the episodes are quite dark.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Black Mirror is good, the central theme is around the dangers of losing yourself in technology, hence the title (black mirror being what your phone looks like when the screen is dark).

Also, while the episodes are stand-alone, they are all interconnected but it's easier to recognize the connections in retrospect.

The most recent season that just came out is sub-par but overall, a great show. They also had an interesting "pick your own adventure" movie that came out end of last year or beginning of this year.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ah... I kind of wondered about the title Black Mirror. That's subtle and brilliant. My kind of entertainment. Thanks Geoff!

• Options
    EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    If you haven’t watch Chernobyl please watch it is amazing
  • Options

Bumping This: New season of Manhunter just came out on Netflix. Two episodes in and it’s picked up right where it left off.

if you have time, I’d recommend binging this before we have official season kick-off in a couple weeks.

• Options

Oh, and since I’m here, The Boys on Amazon Prime is one of the better shows I’ve seen in a few years. Vibes similar to Watchmen if you like that genre and style. Excellently produced and lots of good, dark humor.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Netflx- Queen of the South. Pretty entertaining involving a husband and a wife having competing drug cartels against one another in Mexico and Texas. Wife got me watching and one of the few I can actually sit through a few episodes in a row.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've started watching The 100 on Netflix. It's pretty good. Anything to avoid commercials

• Options
    carnivorecarnivore Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Like Billions very much. Looking forward to Season 4 of The Expanse; first 3 seasons by SyFy, picked up by Amazon - allegedly Bezos is a fan. The writers have a 7th novel out this past spring; they worked with Georgie Martin on Game of Thrones. Nice pedigree.

• Options
    GahunterGahunter Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yellow Stone best show on tv

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amazon Prime: Justified, The Unit, Jack Ryan

Regular TV: Seal Team, NCIS, The FBI, Chicago PD, Bluebloods, Magnum PI

See a theme here?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate