Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I'm fairly sure I caused a hernia crawling under the house yesterday..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2019 in Off Topic

I'm about 4 times as big on one side as the other side in a particular area.

My question to the board. Should I put off going to the hospital till after the game ? I mean, what's done is done, right ? I don't find anything online to indicate there's a lot of risk in icing it and waiting a couple of days. Am I right ?

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks. I've already called an ER. Our local hospital and urgent care facilities wouldn't be of use. Only an ultrasound can show whether it's a hernia so I'd have to drive to Rome ( 25 miles) for one. I'll decide in the morning whether to wait or go right in.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg you still with us buddy?

The swelling went down considerably overnight. It's probably fluid as opposed to my insides escaping. I'm going to take it easy and monitor till Monday before deciding my next step. Sorry about bringing this to the board just before the season kicks off. Thanks for the support though, now back to football.

That isn't a bad idea Teddy, but since my deductible is covered through the year I might use one of them fancy doctors for this one.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WC I really hope you're OK.

But are you sure this isn't partly made up so that you have a reason to sit around the next 4 days and do nothing but watch college football?

It would be completely justified.

• tlynch1968tlynch1968 Posts: 29 ✭✭✭ Junior

WC many doctors offices will have ultrasounds. If you decide to go to the doctor find a urologist or general surgeon and they can check rather than going to a hospital.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hernias can create serious issues at your age. If surgery is needed, PM me. There’s a robot for that.

edited August 2019
  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Medical attention takes precedence over the game. HOWEVER, get your affairs in order. Do whatever takes to watch the game on your tablet or phone. Can’t take any chances on not being ready. 😂

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had hernia surgery in 1997 and still have sum numbness. It may have resulted from a small perforation from a skiing accident when I hit a tree skiing In Aspen, Colorado in 1990. I shattered my right elbow, fractured my pelvis in five spots, fractured my pubic ramus bone and ruptured my bladder.

They removed two pins from my elbow a few months later, but left a plates, screws and wire in my elbow. I noticed some dampness from a elbow a couple of months ago and then had two incidents of fluid gushing out because the plate was cutting into the bursa.

They removed all of the hardware a week ago Monday.

I should be full go by the Notre Dame game and will be back on the golf course next spring.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm going in for my 3rd and 4th back surgeries on Wednesday.

Thank goodness my pubic ramus bone is in proper order.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I inquired about a new stainless hinge that was designed for the perfect golf swing but it does not exist except for the Medicus Golf Club

I actually went skiing with my Late Father at Squa Valley 14 months later. It is amazing what the body and mind can overcome.