Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

This forum seems to be getting a little top heavy..

chub4Chubbchub4Chubb Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will try to write this in the best form possible, bc I know I will get slammed if it doesn’t make complete sense to the hierarchy of this forum. There are a lot of UGA fans out here who want to talk football, be silly, and believe it or not, try to learn some things from the many informative users. But it seems that if you make a comment that doesn’t knock the socks off the mods or graduates, you get steam rolled for “not knowing what you’re talking about”, belittled for not knowing as much about football as others, and when you stand up for yourself, the “big dawgs” flex their football iq and graduate school vocabulary to make you feel like you don’t belong. Some of us aren’t gifted column writers as others, but we created a username and joined this forum because we literally love Georgia. Some of you need to relax and the next time you’re about to write a post meant to be condescending or even down right bullying, just erase it, stay in your lane. Maybe I’m too sensitive, but it’s not just me, I’ve watched other users get kicked off their discussion by some of our “Finebaum wannabes”. You know who you are, thanks for the time, I’ll be expecting the replies from “those” to preach about how I’m wrong. It’s a forum, so post away, just remember why we are all here. Go Dawgs!

Comments

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

can you cite specific examples?

• chub4Chubbchub4Chubb Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t see that as necessary. Pointing out individuals would seem to be a little oxymoron ish. I need to watch what I post like the rest of us. I mean that! I just think of this forum as my happy place. And some times, not most, but some, I feel less of a fan bc of responses I get. As dorky as it sounds, that stinks, bc I live and breathe UGA. Maybe I meant this as to all of us to just be mindful. Including me!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Consider it an exercise in debate. State an opinion and be ready to defend it. It's no different than any other forum. One of my other hobbies is collecting watches. You wouldn't believe the stuff we argue about over there. Controversial watch issues???? Yes, they exists among the enthusiasts and people can get very emotional.

An SEC football forum is not a place for people with thin skin. We are passionate and will wrestle you into submission to make a point. Don't be afraid to fight back...but if it's absurd be prepared to weather the storm.

• chub4Chubbchub4Chubb Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lol. That’s one way to put it. I just think a Georgia fan’s opinion of Georgia on a Georgia forum (not SEC forum), shouldn’t be considered absurd. Unless they want Todd Grantham to come back as HC

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I for one figuratively love Georgia, I'm always wary of arcane state laws and will not admit to a literal relationship of that sort on a public forum...won't do it. I do at times feel a sense of unbalance when walking to the bathroom after reading on this board. I never considered the source of my wobbling Locomotion, I just assumed beer was the culprit, never considering the before mentioned top heaviness might be responsible.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chub4Chubb - I think your post makes a lot of sense. And I know that I can sometimes be part of the problem. I have to remind myself occasionally that I'm not as smart as I think I am because my wife doesn't always remember to remind me of it (although she remembers enough).

We all need reminding sometimes.

That being said, personalities are what they are and we all have to learn to communicate better.

I just encourage you to speak your mind or ask any questions you want to ask. When you get a smart a$$ comment try to ignore it and move on.

I've found that most on here, myself included, occasionally realize we responded in an unprofessional manner and usually try to repair the conversation.

When a member continually tries to rub people the wrong way or just has a difficult time not being a horse's a$$ - the mods generally do a good job of stepping in.

This should be a great football season. Hope you'll continue to enjoy it with all of us on Dawgnation.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not saying you have posted absurd things, but notice after every game...particularly any loss...suddenly there are multiple new posters all trying to stir the pot with a bunch of nonsense.

Now for a semi-serious post. The one and only issue I have on this board at times is a tendency for posters to get in a bit of a feeding frenzy. Imagine you're watching a round table discussion on ESPN with 5 participants. All goes as usual for awhile. Then a panelist gives an opinion and it turns into 4 people going after the one person in sarcastic, insulting and even angry ways. I'm betting we'd all wonder **** was wrong with them.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

I think it used to be way worse when snoop posted

posters would follow him around, make threads just telling him how great he was, etc. if he voted someone down then a dozen others would too. you question or disagree with him then you'd get a dozen vote downs. this was when you could see who voted everything, not just the vote up.

I think the quality of the forum improved once he left. the groupies turned into good posters themselves

• HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 100% on everything you said there!!! I feel this exact same way. We are all Georgia fans on here. It shouldnt matter. But people sure are quick to critique every little thing written. It is very childish and silly.

edited September 2019

Like Guam this board runs the risk of tipping over if it gets too unbalanced or top heavy. Unlike Guam there seems to be little risk of drowning in that eventuality.

You might need to Google 'Guam Tipping Over' on youtube to get that one.