Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

TV SERVICE

BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

TIME TO BOYCOTT DISNEY!!! IF YOU HAVE AT&T OR DIRECT TV YOUR LOSING ESPN CHANNELS! I HAVE DISH AND WILL MISS THE NOTRE DAME GAME.IM PI$$ED AND YOU ALL SHOULD BE TO!!

Comments

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DISH JUST DROPPED FOR SPORTS SOUTH & SOUTHEAST NO MORE BRAVES EVER! AND NO BULLDOG GAMES WHEN YOU LOSE ESPN.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Notre Dame game will be on CBS

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just get sling Hulu or YouTube tv and your good if you have a smart tv

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What does Dish have to do with AT&T or DirecTV?My mom has Dish, and I have to help her find the Dawgs each Saturday. Dont think will be a problem for Dish?

• TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just got YouTube tv best decision I ever made!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Confused bro. You can easily find it if needed

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cancelled DirecTV a few years back. I never miss a game and I save $100+/ mo. from my old cable bill. I honestly can't think of a single reason why anyone would prefer cable.

I will never boycott Disney.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have one reason.

My wireless internet isn't good enough to hold up with streaming everything. Heck, although it's better than what it used to be, it's not really good enough to hold up for long with two people on laptops.

When I move out in the future, something like YouTube TV would probably make sense for me as there isn't much outside of football that I like, but I don't know, I like the ability to flip through channels as well.

Yes, I'm an AT&T customer with everything except cell phone service fwiw. I'm aggravated about what seems as if it's going to happen, but it's actually not that big of a deal this week. It's a pretty meh week. If it continues for long though I'll be upset.

• SniperdawgSniperdawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

I recently switched to YouTube tv when I moved. Picture is fantastic and it is extremely easy to use. Plus it saves me a good bit of $$$.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That whole “not much outside of football” line is a lie, I’ve read your posts in the Braves thread and learned something from them (other than you and WC don’t agree lol). You have to be watching a good bit of the Braves right?

Maybe I should've said sports period.

It'd affect me with sports pretty significantly if it were to last very long. I really can't imagine that it would. I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm watching to see if it expires on me live, but I'll be surprised if it lasts longer than a week (if it does though, thank God, Notre Dame is on CBS).

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is there anyway to watch it short of signing up for another service. I dont understand anything about all this Hulu Hoop stuff. Also is Dish carrying it?

Dish isn't having issues with ESPN but it's had issues with the regional sports networks if that bothers you, I'm not sure if they've resolved it or not.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet if I am losing ESPN about tomorrow.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right now my ESPN2 is working.

edited September 2019

Yeah I'm just sitting here, seeing if it expires on me live with Washington St vs Houston lol. It's 10 minutes past 12 and I'm not even seeing those commercials talking about the carriage problems anymore. So, who knows, shrug.

There is some confusion as to when it was though, either now or the end of the month. Maybe they cracked a last minute deal or extension. Maybe it's not soon enough and will be blacked out later. Only gonna need time to find out.

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love youtube tv. The unlimited dvr across all platforms is thr best. I have it set to record literally every college or pro game on TV just in case theres a great game i wanna go back and see in real time. Plus evry show i care to watch and once every couple weeks i look at all upcoming movies and record every single thing that looks even slightly interesting. Its unlimited why not

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Bigdawg, why all the fuss? It seems your concerns and the public service messages were premature. And we saw this type of controversy before and nuthin' came of it.

Also, what's with the Caps Lock? That type of practice went away years ago. You can get your point across without being obnoxious.

Time to change with the times dude.

And I like my directv just fine. Thank you very much.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HD Antennas are another option. Can get local channels like CBS, ABC, and NBC. $20 one time invest.

ESPN not so much.

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank Goodness I got CBS BACK last night