Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What’s the worst part of your job?

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sitting through a conference right now to get a few CE hours. Each hour talk is rarely very informative and it’s near impossible to make a dime sitting in a room listening to a bureaucrat talk about the new “common sense” regulations they’ve developed to “help” your company.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When some of my runners come up to me after a race and ask "why am I not running faster times" and I have to point out there lack of attendance at practice. It almost feels "mean" but honesty is the best policy. I also tell them, there are many happy, successful people in the world that have never even seen, let alone run a cross country or track meet. There are extremely bright kids in an IB program and they are so driven for success that they apply it to everything, including sports. God was not an equal opportunity dispenser of genetic material but they think they "should" (I hate that word in athletics) be able to do everything well, from physics to athletics. It isn't pleasant to burst bubbles...

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mid level management/senior leadership

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dealing with convicted felons.

• kwgalpinkwgalpin Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

documentation. Would love to not have to deal with insurance and legalities wanting every detail. Let me do what's best to help my patients. That would be amazing.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Billing.

I love helping our clients. I love doing the work. I hate everything about billing, from providing cost estimates to tracking time to invoicing to collecting payment.

• KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

work at a hotel, so I have a bunch...

either

a) “I’m in a rush” (not my fault)

or

b) one time a guy called out on Xmas eve and I had to stay for a double 🙄

• WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate