Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Do you like the “autosave” feature when typing a post?

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do you like the “autosave” feature when typing a post? 18 votes

Yes, it helps with overcoming my ADD disorder
11%
SoFL_DawgBulldawg1982 2 votes
No, it is garbage and should turned off
72%
DamnYankeeDawgJRT812Bankwalkerftn49allywscooterdawgGrayDawgRxDawgYaleDawgUSADawgziggyholidayUGA4LifeGeoffDawg 13 votes
I’m somewhere in between
16%
TeddyinsertusernamehereAnotherDawg 3 votes
I have no idea what this poll is about
0%

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Not a fan. I like deleting drafts though

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I’m somewhere in between

It just saves too often, but I like it for when you are typing out numerous stats (or long-winded posts in general) and switching between tabs and accidentally hit the back button while you're still on your post.

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think a clunky site is great for keeping the trolls away... oh, wait.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not drafting dissertations so doesn't seem necessary.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On my pc where I’m more likely to accidentally click to another page midpost it can be helpful but on my iPad and to a lesser extent my phone I can do without.

My lag on my iPad has gotten tons better but it still pops up and I submitted in the past that it was partially related to the autosave. When it’s lagging I can noticeably tell when it’s saving. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019
    I’m somewhere in between

It's good to have as protection against accidentally losing a long comment before it's posted. They just need to tweak the function so the system dumps the saved file once you've successfully completed your post. Currently you have to do that manually.