Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

We clearly have forgotten how to play baseball

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Due to not having the best starting pitching I never had much faith the Braves would make a deep run anyway. But this is abysmal. Guess I should’ve gone to the game, they’re undefeated with me there.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A generally fair point. I have just always felt that with a growing homeless population, children that can't read, etc that sports mascots were pretty far down the priority list.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am to the point that I now think that the title in ‘95 was a fluke. This is a f’ing joke.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was a 145 game regular season after the strike. It has always been cheapened in my mind.

As for this game, another Atlanta team in the record book for embarrassing themselves.

• Options
    PNW_dawgPNW_dawg Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Another GA team disappointment

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not even knock-a-homa or win-a-lotta could dance us out of this mess. Unbelievable. Well there’s always next year Go Brave! ( and take the falcons with ya). 🤣😂🤣

• Options

Just unreal. Not competitive in any fashion in the biggest game of the season. Although this is what you get for not taking the opportunities when they're there. Braves should have won both of the games they lost in this series. All of those missed opportunities coming home to roost.

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Georgia curse is alive and well in spectacular fashion

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk about sh*tting the bed....

• Options
    Kirb_your_enthusiasmKirb_your_enthusiasm Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

13-0...only an Atlanta team could blow a lead that big.

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only GA sports could shitt the bed like this

• Options

So looking to next season... The Braves have some choices to make.

* Try to re-sign Donaldson to a 2-3 yr deal or is Riley the answer at 3rd? I want to give the kid every opportunity but he struggled bigly on offspeed stuff after his initial hot streak.

* Go for starting pitching help or focus on in-house options?

* Corner outfield. Acuna is the only outfielder who has a spot to me at this point. Don't know if either of the kids on the farm will be ready yet. Ideally, Joyce is a 4th outfielder type. Markakis doesn't seem to contribute enough for a corner outfield spot. Would love to see a bat added there.

Thoughts?

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

• I would definitely try to re-sign JD. But it would have to be a 2 year deal, nothing more.

• I would be in the Garrett Cole sweepstakes. If we can’t get him, trade folty, release julio, and bring up the young kids. Maybe try to re-sign Keuchel, but again, no more than 2 yrs.

• Markakis has to go. I don’t need a 36 yr old slap hitter occupying a corner outfield spot. Again, bring up the kids, and see what they can do.

Maybe I’m too pissed off to be thinking about this right now, because what I typed out sounds a lot like blowing the whole thing up and starting over.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We won the East 2 years in a row and then yuck. I would focus on acquiring starting pitching and the catcher spot. And. yes Markakis maybe replaced for the right player.

This discussion has been closed.