Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know awhile back you project 328ish and we get recruiting is fluid a la Evans, Dexter, Theo, etc.

☝️I wonder who would’ve been projected who’s out. ?

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hmmm. You like, but don’t love where we’re at with Smith?

Also, your projected number was with only one RB? Are the tea leaves saying we won’t get a 2nd RB in this class?

• Options
    101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    chattdawg27chattdawg27 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can’t get this quote to delete, sorry.. But does anyone know what division Stroud plays in high school?? I just looked at his stats, & he’s absolutely shredding teams apart & California is full of talented football players so to see stats like his makes me want him bad. Kid can spin the ball, that’s for sure.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg

Thanks for the info. Kinda surprised that it’s Evans or bust at this point. I figured we’d go after Chaney, Lloyd or Bigsby if Evans goes elsewhere. Then again, we’ll have Zeus, Cook, McIntosh and Milton. That’s pretty good depth and talent at RB. Considering that depth, I’m good with targeting another position with a big time talent.

• Options
    HouzdawgHouzdawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he’s meaning another Second string QB might be checking out.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bigsbys style is very similar to Miltons, which overall isnt a bad thing, but if they are looking for different types in a class (which is common to do when taking two) they dont really have separation in terms of style.

If we had missed on Milton, i think Tank was our Thunder Back for the cycle.

• Options
    101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean if Fromm goes to the NFL, the only guys we have are the mailman and Mathis no? So unless Bennett leaves (doubtful) I presume he means Mathis might be medically retiring.

• Options
    WDawg30004WDawg30004 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg ok is this CJ stroud stuff real ? How would beck stick with us if we went hard there. Feels like when Mullen lost a certain now Old Miss WB trying to chase Justin Fields

• Options
    UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I would also rather have Evans than Stroud, but if the rumblings of Mathis's retirement are true, I don't want our 2-deep to be Beck and Mailman. If the staff finds out Fromm is returning, then they should go after a second RB over Stroud

• Options
    Elsammo46Elsammo46 Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not entirely sure what to make of this...maybe @SoFL_Dawg will get his wish after all 🤷🏼‍♂️

This discussion has been closed.