Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Bobo

Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike Bobo is officially out as CSU hopefully he returns to UGA in some capacity

Comments

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The heat on Coley just went up

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lots of changes taking place at USCe. Rumors flying that Muschamp will make Bobo their new OC. We'll see.

• jduke88jduke88 Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Junior

PLEAASEE bring him back for OC. I could only imagine what he could do with the weapons we have and potentially will have

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd say if he's looking for something make him an offensive analyst. His offenses at Colorado St haven't been the same last couple of years (during his health issues), and just being an analyst could be a good change of pace until he feels he's ready to jump back in.

And the rumors about Coley being contacted by USF about their head coaching vacancy. Not sure what he's done to be considered a head coach, but they could like his recruiting prowess in South Florida. I'm sure there's other candidates ahead of Coley, but he could be a backup plan if they miss on a few of their primary targets.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Muschamp just relieved McLendon of play calling duties so this would make a lot of sense.

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

uscjr will have to break the bank to get him....tough place to win right now

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2019

touche...with dabo and his x thomas recruiting program, tiger juice, and schedule....boom is in the same boat as harbaugh...if you get drug by your rival erry yr...the clock is ticking.

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to rusty bobo doesn’t want to be a QA or QC right now, he wants to coach QBs and OC. I’d take Bobo over Coley.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

I'll take Bobo as OC and fire/nudge out Coley.

Don't exactly understand the South Florida recruiting side of it. We've recruited Miami well in the past without him.

Edit: If there's anything that'd concern me here, it's Bobo's missed evaluations at QB. He's landed some good ones, but has had some real duds. Brice Ramsey and Christian Lemay come to mind. But when push comes to serve, I'd easily lose a top recruit here and there for a more proven OC. It just doesn't matter, especially when the results aren't to what they should be.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

So Fountain would be out? Let’s see what happens ESD before doing that. I don’t hate it though.

• papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no problem moving on from Coley but if you are going to push him out (and napalm your South Florida pipeline), do it for someone with more innovative offensive mind rather than for a Back to the Future hire and return to the Richt scheme (which is arguably even sadder than Kirby's current death grip on the McElwain/Nussmeier Way).

• papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Considering Radi was hyping Bobo for every open Power 5 job in the Southeast (and beyond) for the past 3 to 4 years only to see him wreck an upper tier mid major program, I would discount any insights coming from him on the subject.

• WDawg30004WDawg30004 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

I think you meant Fountain instead of Strickland (unsure who Strickland would be). Is Fountain needed on-field? One thing I didn't realize is that Hankton is our "Passing Game Coordinator" as well as coaching the DBs. To date, Joe Brady he is not. Would Bobo be an option as a Passing Game Coordinator?