Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My Mom Passed Away – I’m Hoping Some Good Can Come From It

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

• Options
    dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@914Dawg I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers/good vibes your way.

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for your loss @914Dawg.

• Options
    cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** it must be dusty here in my kitchen as I read this. Thank you so much for sharing with us and of course, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for your loss. I know it has to be tough. I’m so glad you guys were able to make amends.

Its such a blessing to hear about how she found the positives in everything as well as you being able to fight for her at the end. I’m sure that made her very proud.

• Options
    HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So sorry for your loss , GOD Bless you and your family! You will see her again !

• Options
    914Dawg914Dawg Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you so, so much for all of the kind words Dawgnation! I am humbled by the fact that some of you may have even made it all the way through my very (very) long post.

I've been looking forward to SB Sunday - will be with close friends, including a guy named Tito. Hoping to see Mecole go off and get a ring. Have a great time y'all and please be safe. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As with many others on here, I read your post in full and found it moving. A nice tribute.

As for Tito, he is a good friend of mine as well. Just be sure to send him home if he overstays his welcome!

• Options
    gator1geargator1gear Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

Prayers sent for you and your family. I'm sorry you're going through this.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some good did come from it:

Many of us are talking about reaching out to our loved ones while we are able.

And, your mom is looking down from heaven, illness free, at her family and friends.

That’s a lot of good.

• Options
    edited February 2020

So excited to be heading back down to my "happy place" this weekend: ATH! I really need some fun/diversion.

Will be checking out UGA Lacrosse's first home game against UF - Saturday, 2/8 at 7pm - UGA Club Sports Complex, 2435 S. Milledge Ave. My Son plays on the team. Go Dawgs!

Lacrosse is a great game (combination of Hockey/Soccer) - its fast-paced and exciting. I played growing up on Long Island, but I know it's been expanding all over the country. Come check it out if you're around.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just met Doug here at the Breakfast table at the agriculture invention in New Jersey. His mom was a delegate but last night she fell and hit her head.

His dad passed last year and his wife five years ago. In 2009 all their dairy cows, The entire herd, moved to the lowest point in the valley that they could. Next thing you know a tornado hits and destroyed four of the five buildings.

there was nothing at the Breakfast table thatDoug could eat because last week he had stomach surgery

Here I was wondering why my life wasn’t more normal because it’s been a big deal just to get our youngest out the door in the morning

• Options
    babsbabs Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

So very sorry for your loss. My dear friend was diagnosed with AML on Friday and passed away on Tues. You are blessed to have had time with her at the end, and your eulogy will surely inspire others to reach out.

• Options

Just a heads up - b/c of weather messing up field, tonight’s lacrosse game has been moved to Lambert HS at 7:30. Next home game is on 3/2 vs, Mich Stare at 5pm.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy Father's Day 914. Great message. Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks 914, I needed that today. God bless you and your family and happy Father’s Day.