Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tell Me Your Thoughts About UGA...

DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hello everyone,

I'm going to bring a segment back to DawgNation Daily we've tried before, and this time I'm hopeful to make it even more interactive. We call it the BA Q&A. It's simply a survey of your thoughts about UGA, the SEC and college football on the day's hot topics.

Would you mind participating? I'll be reading some of your responses on air, and I'll share additional thoughts about your opinions in this thread.

Does that make sense? Good! Here's today's questions...

1 -- Which UGA assistant is most likely to become a head coach?

2 -- Who will win the SEC West this season?

3 -- What's your bold prediction for 2020?

Comments

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ll make another bold prediction. USCJr will finish second in the East.

• dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    1. Lanning or Luke. I think what CML did at Miss was pretty respectable with the talent he was given.
    2. Bama should win it pretty easily. LSU is going to have to rebuild this year and everyone else isn't close from a talent perspective.
    3. Two true freshman start on offense by years end. Too much talent coming in from the WR and Oline haul to keep them off the field. Also with all of the coaching changes, no ones starting spot will be uncontested going into fall camp
  • Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

1 - Matt Luke. Again. After the way he held on to the 2020 OL recruits like he did, he's off to a great start on adding to his already respected resume. Dan Lanning is also set to be a head coach if he wants to.

2- Bama - Bryce Young will be starting by game 5

3 - Bold prediction: SEC gets 2 teams in the playoff. / John Rhys Plumlee is a candidate for SEC offensive player of the year under Lane Kiffin

• Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with @SoFL_Dawg that Lanning is the obvious choice but I'll submit that our secondary play next year will be so good that Charlton Warren will get some serious P5 looks.

If A&M had Bama at home in late NOV I'd give them a fighting chance but Bama's got them at home and UT-Martin the week before so Bama wins the West.

UT will upset at least one quality team on their schedule next year (hopefully not us in NOV) but hosts Bama and FU in Knoxville and returns an improving defense, stout o-line and respectable running game. QB will be the wildcard.

• DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These are great comments. I really appreciate y'all participating. It's going to make the show fun to read these on air.

• lmiked7lmiked7 Posts: 144 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1) There are so many well respected coaches on our staff right now you could almost ask which one won't eventually get a head coaching opportunity to narrow it down. McGee, Luke, Lanning, Schumann, Monken, Warren, Cochran...I could see all of them becoming head coaches at some point in their careers.

2) I think the West is going to cannibalize itself this year. Bama wins it but with two losses.

3) Florida loses one regular season game (to us of course) and sneaks into the playoff as the 3 seed only to lose to UGA again in the title game. Mullen claims Florida was still the better team on both occasions.

• dawg_fan_66dawg_fan_66 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior
    1. I think coach ML will be the next to get HC opportunity. I'm not sure the offensive transition will be as smooth this year as some think so Monken will stick around another year.
    2. Bama. Too much lost for LSU, Gus and Auburn can't get out of their own way and A&M is still too soft, although Jimbo is trying (he's not a great coach).
    3. USCjr beats the lizards this year.
  • YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Non conference champ coming in as a three seed is definitely a bold prediction.

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1) Monk ( if he wanted it) then toss up between Luke and Lanning.

2) Hard to bet against the Tide.

3) Arkansas wins more SEC games than they lose?

• lmiked7lmiked7 Posts: 144 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would be hard to keep them out if their only loss was to the #1 team. I don't think they would deserve the 3 seed but the committee would put them there to try and avoid the rematch. The boldest part I feel like is assuming they could beat Ohio St or Clemson to get to the final. Their schedule is utter garbage this year outside of us and LSU.

• SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1. Matt Luke is most likely to get HC job first.

2. Bama wins the West, only losing to Auburn.

3. We lose to Bama in Tuscaloosa by 3, and everyone p!sses and moans (including myself), until we beat them by 17 in the rematch in Atlanta like we did similarly to Auburn.

We beat Ohio State in first round of playoffs, then beat Clemson in an overtime NC game.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1. Matt Luke, he's been there and he will be back again.

2. Bama no question.

3. We beat bama but not early in the season. We go back to our SECE domination. Defense doesn't give up a single rushing td all year.

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Lanning
    2. Bama
    3. KMac leads the team in rushing
  • MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Can't argue with any of these. While there will be several guys on staff to eventually get a crack at a HC gig somewhere; Lanning seems to be the most ideal guy on staff that would check off every box if we knew one of our assistants would a HC next year.

I think LSU lost too much from last year's arguable " best team of the last 10 years." Bama will win the West with most opposition coming from A&M imo.

Some guys think every year we are gonna contend for the whole shebang and I think we're going in that direction. But with Newman coming in and Monken bringing the creatures Kirby recruits into the "new age" of offensive football; anything less than a national championship this year would be a huge disappointment. Especially with the talent and experience coming back on the defensive side of the ball. When there are Nakobe Dean's currently not playing as every down Lbs; that is a DEEP defense.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Monken. Right now I think we need him to be succesful
    2. Bama
    3. I am not good at predictions, but we all know the 3rd game of the year, might define our season. We finally beat them by three, then the sky is the limit. We will loose to Auburn but still make the SECCG.
  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Monken
    2. Bama
    3. Heisman trophy winner- Jamie Newman