Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No worries! I know how it is. We all do that sort of thing, depending on our respective fields.

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Appreciate report. This is serious. I had meeting with hospital administrator a few days ago who described the danger better to me than anyone else. He said the corona virus causes double pneumonia more rapidly than anything else seen on a widespread basis and since it a virus, there is no medicine for it except to treat symptoms and help patient fight through it, usually with respirators which there are not enough of. I had regular pneumonia a couple years ago and it was bad enough, felt like I was drowning for a couple of weeks and I did not have any preexisting medical conditions. (I think that is approximate definition of comorbidities)

Be safe and appreciate your work

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for the info. The more we can learn about this the better.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have a safe trip. My wife earned both of her degrees from UVA. My daughters Godfather was the founder of Littlejohns Deli where every UVA graduate has visited at least once. Peyton Manning was a regular there when he visited his future wife during her undergraduate years in Charlottesville.

Thanks Bobcat! He's loved his first year, despite it being cut short. Looking forward to life returning to normal by the fall semester. Not only for his sake, but for all of us, and especially Georgia football!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

No, haven't been back to Athens since we left in 2007. I would love to go back for a home game. I used to love working field security for home games. Being in the stands is cool...being on the sidelines is unreal!

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your son might enjoy the Peyton Manning commencement speech, actually pretty entertaining for anyone.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe I read that cytokine storms were a driving force behind the large death rate among young, healthy people during the 1918 influenza outbreak.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm doing alright in Vinings. Have plenty of food but my main issue is that I don’t have a thermometer and they are sold out everywhere that I’ve tried. I have allergies/sinus issues that bug me pretty much year round so I’ve been stuffed up for weeks...being a hypochondriac I’d like to be able to take my temp. Hopefully my amazon delivery shows up Thursday.

You're welcome to borrow my electronic thermometer, and I'm happy to run it out to you! 😷

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Day 2: Still kickin' out in Germany. Haven't heard of a huge out break yet in the local area. Only odd thing other then schools being closed is how empty the base is. Ramstein is pretty much the only place to get a lot of services and stuff you need for everyday life and is always packed with huge lines daily. Its pretty much a ghost town now. Its like living in a zombie movie.

This discussion has been closed.