Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, Nicaragua now has it's first confirmed case.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod
    edited March 2020

I just left Hurlburt a couple years ago. Its just normal training flights. The unusualness of the pandemic is making it seem nefarious. The military aircrew have to maintain their qualification statuses which requires certain tasks to be completed every so many days. Could also be a unit that is getting ready to deploy or a guard/reserve unit that have to hit specific training requirements which necessitate a different route to check all the boxes. The government is reeling just like the rest of us. They are trying to figure out how to keep the mission going with as few people as possible. Its been a ghost town at my work. Only skeleton crews and contractors are working but we all have to maintain mission readiness so they rotate in out to keep current.

funny little story with those. The landing gear is notorious for not locking into place on landing (they land like a helicopter). So when they come in to land airmen have to run out and throw mattresses out to cushion the landing. Maybe they got it fixed by now but the maintainers I knew always complained about that.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your name and that comment remind me of the only German I know, because my dad used to say it all the time as a joke, "Vas ist los mit der Luftwaffe!?!"

we've had to update the song. "Nothing will stop the US Air Force except lightning within 5 and covid 19"

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like some was skeptical at how bad this was, realizing that my son has an autoimmune disease(eczema but still) and that he could be at higher risk caused me to take 2 weeks vacation. I work in the service industry and our stores are staying open. I’m staying home for the 2 weeks but not sure what I’m going to do when the 2 weeks is over. It’s either go to work and separate from my family or go without pay. My wife is a school teacher so thankfully she’s able to take care of our son. Hopefully they can find a cure quickly. Say what you will about this administration but I think closing travel from China 10 days after reports likely prevented us from being much worse off now. We may still get there but hopefully people take this serious and we can knock it out quickly and get back to normality.

Also I got a bunch of socks with no match if anyone is running short on **** paper. $25 a sock /s

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Testing is key.

On the Georgia Department's website only around 1500 people have been tested for Covid-19. From this group we have all our confirmed cases.

But that probably also means that there are many thousands more Georgians infected but currently asymptomatic roaming about.

I'm not so much concerned for kids and young adults, most of them seem to have mild or no symptoms at all. Who I'm concerned about are their middle-aged parents, and grandparents. My parents and inlaws are up in age, and looking at the mortality rate among the elderly is a little frightening.

If they contract the virus they have about the same chances of surviving it as surviving a game of Russian Roulette. The chances the wife and I, being middle-aged, is pretty good, but still I'm not liking the exit numbers from the confirmed cases. I realize that's not a great way to determine mortality rate, but when you're seeing exit states resulting in not insignificant numbers of deaths its a bit unnerving.

I expect the numbers here to really spike over the coming weeks. I hope I'm wrong.

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe this has been discussed, but it has been reported a 31 year old member of the UGA athletic dept has tested positive. My wife says they said on news they are hospitalized and on a respirator. Though, can’t confirm the last part.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, bro. My folks are in Lafayette and haven’t left the house in 3 days. In Sac, we just got “sheltered-in” about 20 minutes ago.

I feel it. I, too must go in to work tomorrow and will be solopiloting the office.

The governor stated today that he believes that 52% of the state will contract it within the next 8 weeks.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Really have no idea. How would one find out?

The guy had been in Panama. Returned to Nicaragua on Sunday. Fell ill on Wed..

• imagadawg62imagadawg62 Posts: 56 ✭✭ Sophomore

All ok with us here in VA. Hunkering down. Having sports withdrawals.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Another nice morning in the Upstate of SC. Like a lot of less populated places in our country, it hasn't seemed to blow up here yet. That's the key, I think. It needs to blow up in different places at different times to help the medical world cope. Hoping the social distancing does just that - delay what may be inevitable. It has been WARM here the past couple of days, and will get into the 80's today. We will see what temps do to this thing eventually. Don't expect it to end, just hoping and praying for any type of reduction in transmission - anything to help the percentages. We are a week into things changing here, and day five of the schools being out. If the 14 day timeline is pretty accurate, I feel like - in places like this - we will have a greater grasp on what we are fighting in less populated areas.

Other parts of the country will not be so lucky, and I pray for them! Other parts of the world as well. But I am thankful for today, ask for daily bread, and will soak up this time with my family. Stay safe, my Dawgs.

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny because it’s true. I never realized how much of my distraction time is dedicated to sports; this website and soccer this time of year. It’s a weird void.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife has been on Plaquenil for a year. Wonder if the shortage of this will effect her?

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

It sure will. I am the contracting officer and buyer for my pharmacy. There is NONE available to purchase through our Prime vendor or secondary vendor. The best get well date was 30 April but that will change if Bayer ramps up production.

This discussion has been closed.