Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate sounding preachy but this virus has not surprised God, it's in his plans and he never lets anything happen that is not in his plan and for our good. It may seem very dark now but this is temporary and we will come out of this and rebuild stronger and better than ever.

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still kinda quiet here in the Upstate. Just found out we are out of school for all of April, so I filmed my first lessons for my classes to post, teaching concepts from our next units. My 16 and 17 year old are not giddy about this, but I have repurposed my "this will seem like a short time looking back on it" speech, to be used a lot. Praying that my family and loved ones will miss this thing. Thankful that tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, and we are only a week away from fresh turkey nuggets...

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

Didn't realize the worlds science and medical community had it out for Trump.

take some personal responsibility

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Never fails to amaze me how stu.pid a sizable percentage of our citizenry is.

Here's another tip for those same folks. Don't jab yourself in the eye with a sharp stick.

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

👆That goes for those **** people in AZ who drank fish tank cleaner and died .... CNN blames Trump ..... stupidity never subsides

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A friend of mine put together some graphs of Covid-19 data from John Hopkins country by country and broke out the New York state data.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was in Berlin when Germany played Italy in 2016. There were a million people at the Brandenburg Gate to watch on screens the city had set up. Ended up getting crazy in an Irish pub after Germany won on PKs

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still minimal impact in the Florida Panhandle (I think there are only 10 or so cases in the whole area). Almost all of the cases in Florida are in the South Florida area. A big problem we have in Florida is that tourists are still coming here. Lots of people left NY and California right before the lockdown. Friends of mine who live on Pensacola Beach (I live 5 minutes from P'Cola Beach) tell me they see people every day arriving with kids and tons of luggage staying at the beach rentals. I'm hoping that before the Governor declares a state-wide lockdown that he first mandate that all tourists go home. If this isn't your home, please leave. The beaches are all closed, so I don't know why anyone is visiting right now.

We are not in a shelter-in-place order, so the wife and I have been trying to get out of the house and walk, run, bike...while maintaining social distancing from others. Many local restaurants are still open for pick-up and delivery so we try to support them as much as possible. Still don't know anyone personally who has it.

• Options

@pgjackson even in shelter in place areas like where i am one can go running and biking all you want. Just no driving to state parks as this has created overcrowding at the parks meaning those of us who can run or bike to the state parks have a paradise to enjoy without crowds.

• Options

Here's a (fivethirtyeight is generally analytical, never sensational and from what i can tell not partisan all of which i love) look at the science of Covid19 testing and how its done.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-coronavirus-tests-actually-work/

Its a bit geeky, but very informational.

• Options
    dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I live in the Destin area and work on Eglin AFB and I am seeing the same. We have had a few cases locally most people aren't coming into work for a few weeks. They did give out paper work today identifying 'essential' personnel so a lock down of some kind is coming soon.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm irritated today. The sun is shining and I have this flower bed plan I want to put in place and I can't be outside doing that because I can't go to the greenhouse and buy what plants I need. Why is it all these ideas won't hit until I can't do anything about them?

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I work at Hurlburt. We are at 50/50 staffing. One week half the people go home and half come in. The next week we swap. I'm working from home this week.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to even post it. Hurt feelings, blog rules, etc. But people should go and look it up. It's not difficult to find. Because the unrelated pork attempting to be shoved into some of these relief bills is atrocious. And folks should know about it before the narrative gets spun again.

Speaking of spin, look at how the headline titles have been manipulated on the same story. NYT specifically.

• Options
    dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Same here but I'm working this week. I'm assuming that if you are in the same boat, you will get your paperwork when you get back or via email. The AD folks are working minimum manning until they deem it is safe to come back. (We had AD personnel pop positive so they pretty much already shut it down except essential personnel)

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm proud to say that I am deemed essential by the government. /s

Been fairly normal days for me, but part of me wishes I was home with unlimited time to work on the plans for the house I'm building, or should I say hope to build one day if the world doesn't end.

Soldier on folks. What else can we do?

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

I am non essential but deemed essential by my OIC. Last furlough I was furloughed and unfurloughed at the same time lol

This discussion has been closed.