Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Best Films of the 90's

AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The other thread (Best Films of the Past 20 Years) generated a good discussion, so I thought some of you might like to continue on. I've changed the format slightly, hopefully for the better. Please give us your top picks, personal favorites, overrated/underrated, or whatever else you'd like to add to the conversation. I'll save my own comments for the individual "year in review" posts to come.

-------

Best Picture Winners:

Dances with Wolves, The Silence of the Lambs, Unforgiven, Schindler's List, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, The English Patient, Titanic, Shakespeare in Love, American Beauty

Notable Nominees:

Goodfellas, A Few Good Men, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, Apollo 13, Fargo, Good Will Hunting, Saving Private Ryan, The Green Mile, The Sixth Sense

Blockbusters:

Jurassic Park, Star Wars Ep. 1: The Phantom Menace, The Lion King, Independence Day, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Men in Black, Armageddon, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Ghost, Aladdin

Fan Favorites:

Total Recall, Pretty Woman, City Slickers, My Cousin Vinny, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Firm, Sleepless in Seattle, Toy Story, Men in Black, The Truman Show

Independent Films:

The Piano, The Grifters, Reversal of Fortune, Metropolitan, Henry and June, Barton Fink, The Player, Glengarry Glen Ross, Damage, Short Cuts, Six Degrees of Separation, Tom & Viv, Heavenly Creatures, Boogie Nights, Gods and Monsters, Being John Malkovich, Magnolia

British Films:

The Commitments, Howard's End, The Crying Game, The Remains of the Day, Shadowlands, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Sense and Sensibility, The Madness of King George, Secrets & Lies, Trainspotting, The Full Monty, Mrs. Brown, Elizabeth, The End of the Affair

Foreign Language Films:

Life is Beautiful, Il Postino, Europa Europa, Raise the Red Lantern, Indochine, Belle Epoque, Eat Drink Man Woman, Antonia's Line, Kolya, All About My Mother

Best of the Rest:

12 Monkeys, A Civil Action, A River Runs Through It, American History X, As Good as It Gets, Basic Instinct, Boyz n the Hood, Cape Fear, Chaplin, Dave, Fight Club, In the Line of Fire, L.A. Confidential, Leaving Las Vegas, Misery, Out of Sight, Primary Colors, Quiz Show, Rob Roy, The Fisher King, The Hunt for Red October, The Prince of Tides, The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Usual Suspects, Thelma & Louise, True Lies

Comments