Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA AS A NATIONAL BRAND – From Sea to Shining Sea!

13»

Comments

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't see this thread last year so just reading through it today...agree with all of your comments on Athens/UGA being the best-kept secret in the country. My daughter starts her Sophomore year next month and what initially was a pitstop on a college visit roadtrip/itinerary immediately became the benchmark for every other school/college town on her list - including Ann Arbor & Chapel Hill. She couldn't be happier save for the COVID-shortened Spring semester.

Update on the increasingly competitive nature of admissions at UGA. Class of 2024 admitted students stats this Spring were:

Avg GPA - 4.08

SAT 50th %tile - 1320-1460

ACT 50th %tile - 28-33

Avg AP courses taken - 9

Aside from Vanderbilt & UF, one would be hard pressed to find a more academically selective school in the SEC.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of my children's elementary school teachers is an Auburn grad (I know, right?) Pre-COVID?? My kids give that poor man the business each and every season!!!

Even on Doctor Seuss day they were all in Red and Black!!!

• Options
    914Dawg914Dawg Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules Great stuff! My daughter could not have had a better college experience and is a die hard Dawg for life! My son can't wait to get back to Athens - he's a rising Junior and has had an amazing experience thus far. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BillybubbamcbobBillybubbamcbob Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Hey I like the Dawgs, but national brand, I do not think so. There is really only one true national brand in the SEC and I do not think I need to name them. Then you have our turbo homer Brandon Adams writing an article today that we are going to beat Bama twice this year when we have not even beaten them once in 13 years. (5 losses in a row) Is he on the athletic payroll? They need more analysts that are not as biased on Dawg Nation. It is a joke. I want my writers to give it to me straight.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its just sad when a GT fan comes on here and tries to post .... go back to stingtalk and revel with the rest of the bees about how GT is a county wide brand ....

• Options
    BillybubbamcbobBillybubbamcbob Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Why do some Georgia fans, including turbo homer Brandon Adams, talk so much smack every year? And now He is even predicting a double dose of victories over Alabama. Let me put this into perspective for you history majors. I am a grandfather and I was not even born yet, Jimmy Carter was president and the hostages were still in Iran the last time an NC was won by Georgia. Why all the swagger? Win just one post 1980 NC, then boast. It is embarrassing. National programs win NCs, not have pretty campuses.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    914Dawg914Dawg Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey @Billybubbamcbob who hurt you? I am genuinely sorry for the pain you’re feeling. Just know there will be better days for you and whatever team you root for. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Hey I like the Dawgs."

LOL, is that the sign of a Bama Troll or what?

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The best HS offensive line prospect in the state of Alabama in 2019? Signed with Georgia.